Birdman's Protege Killed in a Mystery Gunshot Incident
A female rapper discovered by hip-hop mogul Bryan 'Birdman' Williams has been shot dead in her native New Orleans, Louisiana, according to reports. Magnolia Shorty - real name Renetta Lowe - was gunned down in her tough local neighborhood on Monday, December 20, reports AllHipHop.com.
The bodies of a woman and a man were discovered inside a car, but the identities of the victims had not been confirmed by local police as WENN went to press. According to some reports, the car they were in lost control and crashed into a gate after the multiple shots. Bullet holes were visible in the fence and the victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
Lowe was signed by Williams to his Cash Money Records label, making her the second ever female artist given a contract with the company.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7