Birdman's Protege Killed in a Mystery Gunshot Incident
A female rapper discovered by hip-hop mogul Bryan 'Birdman' Williams has been shot dead in her native New Orleans, Louisiana, according to reports. Magnolia Shorty - real name Renetta Lowe - was gunned down in her tough local neighborhood on Monday, December 20, reports AllHipHop.com.
The bodies of a woman and a man were discovered inside a car, but the identities of the victims had not been confirmed by local police as WENN went to press. According to some reports, the car they were in lost control and crashed into a gate after the multiple shots. Bullet holes were visible in the fence and the victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
Lowe was signed by Williams to his Cash Money Records label, making her the second ever female artist given a contract with the company.
More Birdman News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert