Birdman's Protege Killed in a Mystery Gunshot Incident
A female rapper discovered by hip-hop mogul Bryan 'Birdman' Williams has been shot dead in her native New Orleans, Louisiana, according to reports. Magnolia Shorty - real name Renetta Lowe - was gunned down in her tough local neighborhood on Monday, December 20, reports AllHipHop.com.
The bodies of a woman and a man were discovered inside a car, but the identities of the victims had not been confirmed by local police as WENN went to press. According to some reports, the car they were in lost control and crashed into a gate after the multiple shots. Bullet holes were visible in the fence and the victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
Lowe was signed by Williams to his Cash Money Records label, making her the second ever female artist given a contract with the company.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival