David Schwimmer NOT Changing Controversial Scenes in 'Trust'
David Schwimmer is refusing to alter his controversial new film "Trust" even if he loses his fight to secure the movie a lower age rating, insisting regulators need to update their "old" system. The "Friends" star steps behind the camera to direct Clive Owen and Catherine Keener in the harrowing film about a teenager lured to a motel for sex by an online predator old enough to be her father.
The swearing and adult themes landed the movie a restrictive R-rating in America, meaning viewers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Schwimmer and his team are fighting for a lower age rating to make the movie more accessible, and he is adamant he won't be pressured into making any changes.
He tells Deadline.com, "There is no nudity, no overt sexuality other than what needed to be implied for a scene in the hotel room where we learn that a rape took place. I think the scene was tastefully handled. The idea that Clive's character should respond by shouting 'Fiddlesticks' is just not real. Let's face it, kids have heard and seen it all."
And the actor/director insists he's frustrated by the way the industry is regulated, adding: "What I find frustrating is there are plenty of films that get PG-13 that are so violent. There is a double standard. You can't show nudity or hear the F-word, but you can show people being blown to bits and chopped up. Maybe a public forum will show that the ratings system needs to be updated to reflect the times. It is quite old."
"Trust" hits theaters in the U.S. on April 1, 2011.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!