Velvet Revolver Found New Vocalist but Not Announcing Yet
Slash and Duff McKagan's rock supergroup Velvet Revolver is poised to make its comeback - the band is close to securing a new frontman, more than two years after Scott Weiland was ousted from the job.
The group has been without a lead vocalist since parting ways with Weiland in April 2008. They revived efforts to find a replacement earlier this month and drummer Matt Sorum admits they have narrowed down the search - although he's hesitant to reveal the identity of the star until they've jammed together a little longer.
Speaking to The Pulse of Radio, Sorum reveals there's one singer they "really like a lot", but adds, "We can't make the announcement yet because we're 'dating', you know. We haven't consummated the relationship, we haven't sat down this gentleman and made the agreement together."
However, he insists the mystery vocalist is a "known guy", who he describes as "younger and stronger". And he's urged fans to remain patient as they work out the finer details.
Sorum adds, "I know it's been like this long-winded, 'Oh, Velvet Revolver this, Velvet Revolver that.' We're tired of it, believe me. But we don't have the ability to just jump out there with any singer. We can't do it."
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince