Oprah Wanted Bono to Make Good TV for OWN
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey recently invited U2 rocker Bono to join the ranks of celebrity presenters on her new network - because she was convinced his philanthropy work would make for good TV.
The TV titan will launch OWN next year and she's recruited a slew of stars to host their own talk shows, including Jenny McCarthy, Rosie O'Donnell and Ryan O'Neal and Tatum O'Neal, as well as Hollywood actors including Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker and Goldie Hawn to develop their own documentaries for the network.
And Winfrey reveals she even approached Bono with the idea of launching his own small screen career - although he respectfully declined. She tells the New York Times, "(I asked Bono), 'Would you like a TV show?' I look at everything now through the prism of, 'This could make a very good TV show!'"
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala