Oprah Wanted Bono to Make Good TV for OWN
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey recently invited U2 rocker Bono to join the ranks of celebrity presenters on her new network - because she was convinced his philanthropy work would make for good TV.
The TV titan will launch OWN next year and she's recruited a slew of stars to host their own talk shows, including Jenny McCarthy, Rosie O'Donnell and Ryan O'Neal and Tatum O'Neal, as well as Hollywood actors including Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker and Goldie Hawn to develop their own documentaries for the network.
And Winfrey reveals she even approached Bono with the idea of launching his own small screen career - although he respectfully declined. She tells the New York Times, "(I asked Bono), 'Would you like a TV show?' I look at everything now through the prism of, 'This could make a very good TV show!'"
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities