Oprah Wanted Bono to Make Good TV for OWN
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey recently invited U2 rocker Bono to join the ranks of celebrity presenters on her new network - because she was convinced his philanthropy work would make for good TV.
The TV titan will launch OWN next year and she's recruited a slew of stars to host their own talk shows, including Jenny McCarthy, Rosie O'Donnell and Ryan O'Neal and Tatum O'Neal, as well as Hollywood actors including Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker and Goldie Hawn to develop their own documentaries for the network.
And Winfrey reveals she even approached Bono with the idea of launching his own small screen career - although he respectfully declined. She tells the New York Times, "(I asked Bono), 'Would you like a TV show?' I look at everything now through the prism of, 'This could make a very good TV show!'"
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!