Simply Red Signed Off in Their Last Concert
British band Simply Red have bowed out of the music industry, performing their last ever concert after 25 years together. Frontman Mick Hucknall announced plans to break up the band last year and started the group's farewell trek in the U.K. earlier this month.
The "Fairground" hitmakers performed their last show at London's O2 Arena on Sunday, December 19 night, playing a string of their classic hits. Hucknall told the crowd, "I want to thank you so much for your support over the last 25 years. It's been the most wonderful ride," before adding at the end of the show: "Good night, adios, Simply Red are no more."
The gig was also broadcast in cinemas across the U.K. and Europe. Hucknall, who recently replaced Rod Stewart in reformed band The Faces, is now planning to embark on a solo career.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign