Simply Red Signed Off in Their Last Concert
British band Simply Red have bowed out of the music industry, performing their last ever concert after 25 years together. Frontman Mick Hucknall announced plans to break up the band last year and started the group's farewell trek in the U.K. earlier this month.
The "Fairground" hitmakers performed their last show at London's O2 Arena on Sunday, December 19 night, playing a string of their classic hits. Hucknall told the crowd, "I want to thank you so much for your support over the last 25 years. It's been the most wonderful ride," before adding at the end of the show: "Good night, adios, Simply Red are no more."
The gig was also broadcast in cinemas across the U.K. and Europe. Hucknall, who recently replaced Rod Stewart in reformed band The Faces, is now planning to embark on a solo career.
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'