Simply Red Signed Off in Their Last Concert
British band Simply Red have bowed out of the music industry, performing their last ever concert after 25 years together. Frontman Mick Hucknall announced plans to break up the band last year and started the group's farewell trek in the U.K. earlier this month.
The "Fairground" hitmakers performed their last show at London's O2 Arena on Sunday, December 19 night, playing a string of their classic hits. Hucknall told the crowd, "I want to thank you so much for your support over the last 25 years. It's been the most wonderful ride," before adding at the end of the show: "Good night, adios, Simply Red are no more."
The gig was also broadcast in cinemas across the U.K. and Europe. Hucknall, who recently replaced Rod Stewart in reformed band The Faces, is now planning to embark on a solo career.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?