Simply Red Signed Off in Their Last Concert
British band Simply Red have bowed out of the music industry, performing their last ever concert after 25 years together. Frontman Mick Hucknall announced plans to break up the band last year and started the group's farewell trek in the U.K. earlier this month.
The "Fairground" hitmakers performed their last show at London's O2 Arena on Sunday, December 19 night, playing a string of their classic hits. Hucknall told the crowd, "I want to thank you so much for your support over the last 25 years. It's been the most wonderful ride," before adding at the end of the show: "Good night, adios, Simply Red are no more."
The gig was also broadcast in cinemas across the U.K. and Europe. Hucknall, who recently replaced Rod Stewart in reformed band The Faces, is now planning to embark on a solo career.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory