Simply Red Signed Off in Their Last Concert
British band Simply Red have bowed out of the music industry, performing their last ever concert after 25 years together. Frontman Mick Hucknall announced plans to break up the band last year and started the group's farewell trek in the U.K. earlier this month.
The "Fairground" hitmakers performed their last show at London's O2 Arena on Sunday, December 19 night, playing a string of their classic hits. Hucknall told the crowd, "I want to thank you so much for your support over the last 25 years. It's been the most wonderful ride," before adding at the end of the show: "Good night, adios, Simply Red are no more."
The gig was also broadcast in cinemas across the U.K. and Europe. Hucknall, who recently replaced Rod Stewart in reformed band The Faces, is now planning to embark on a solo career.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake