Justin Timberlake Knows Fans Are Unhappy He's Doing Movies
Justin Timberlake is adamant fans of his music are upset with him turning his attentions to acting - insisting his followers view him as "ungrateful" for his pop achievements. The "SexyBack" hitmaker was lauded for his portrayal of internet entrepreneur Sean Parker in "The Social Network" earlier this year and he's currently preparing to promote four other projects over the next 12 months.
And despite insisting he will return to music in the future, Timberlake has addressed his fans who see him as a traitor for focusing on films - and asks them what they would do if they got the chance to make it big in the movies.
He tells the Associated Press, "They're looking at me like, 'Why aren't you staying with one path?'. They look at me like I'm ungrateful for my music career because I want to do film. I had the same obstacles in music. I still do. But I feel like I should pose the question to everyone else - If you had this opportunity, what would you do with it?"
More Justin Timberlake News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics