Amy Adams in No Rush to Lose Baby Weight
Amy Adams is in no rush to shed her baby weight - because she never relied on her "rockin' bod" to land work before she fell pregnant. The "Doubt" actress announced her pregnancy last year and welcomed little Aviana into the world with fiance Darren Le Gallo in May.
But despite seven months passing, Adams is taking losing her pregnancy weight slowly, because carrying a child helped her appreciate her body. And the star is adamant a few extra curves and bulges will never hamper her serious acting career.
She tells Parade, "Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body - meaning that it wasn't put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit. I was like, 'Look, I can carry a baby! I'm gaining weight right, everything is going well.' And I've had that relationship ever since."
"I've been working out when I can... but losing weight is not my number one priority. It's part of my job to return to some semblance of what I was before. But I don't feel I've ever made my career on my rockin' bod."
More Amy Adams News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce