Victoria Broke in Tears When David Beckham Honored
Victoria Adams broke down as her husband David Beckham was presented with a lifetime achievement award at the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year ceremony in London on Sunday, December 19 night.
The soccer superstar received the special accolade for his continued success in the world of soccer and became emotional as he made his way to the stage to a rousing two-minute long standing ovation from his peers. His former Spice Girl wife was seen crying with pride as a teary-eyed Beckham looked on in awe at the reaction to his win.
And after the crowd finally stopped clapping, the sports hero thanked his wife and three sons for being there for him everyday. In his speech, he said, "I've been lucky enough to play with some of the great teams over the years. Playing for England has been one of the highlights and biggest things of my career."
"I'm sorry that I'm going on, but I really have to thank my parents, who have sacrificed so much over the years, my sisters, my grandparents, my family, my friends, other people who work with me and for me, and of course, I want to thank my wife and my children. Not only has she given me three amazing boys but the support she's given me... she is truly an inspiration for me every single day. So Victoria, Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz - thank you."
After the ceremony, Victoria took to her Twitter.com page to give her own thanks to her husband's fans. She writes, "Thank u all so much for your kind words to David! The reception tonight was breath taking and I am so, so proud of him!! Words can't express how proud I am of David. A truly wonderful and very emotional evening. I'm so proud of my little men too!!!"
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week