Victoria Broke in Tears When David Beckham Honored
Victoria Adams broke down as her husband David Beckham was presented with a lifetime achievement award at the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year ceremony in London on Sunday, December 19 night.
The soccer superstar received the special accolade for his continued success in the world of soccer and became emotional as he made his way to the stage to a rousing two-minute long standing ovation from his peers. His former Spice Girl wife was seen crying with pride as a teary-eyed Beckham looked on in awe at the reaction to his win.
And after the crowd finally stopped clapping, the sports hero thanked his wife and three sons for being there for him everyday. In his speech, he said, "I've been lucky enough to play with some of the great teams over the years. Playing for England has been one of the highlights and biggest things of my career."
"I'm sorry that I'm going on, but I really have to thank my parents, who have sacrificed so much over the years, my sisters, my grandparents, my family, my friends, other people who work with me and for me, and of course, I want to thank my wife and my children. Not only has she given me three amazing boys but the support she's given me... she is truly an inspiration for me every single day. So Victoria, Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz - thank you."
After the ceremony, Victoria took to her Twitter.com page to give her own thanks to her husband's fans. She writes, "Thank u all so much for your kind words to David! The reception tonight was breath taking and I am so, so proud of him!! Words can't express how proud I am of David. A truly wonderful and very emotional evening. I'm so proud of my little men too!!!"
More Victoria Adams News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special