Victoria Broke in Tears When David Beckham Honored
Victoria Adams broke down as her husband David Beckham was presented with a lifetime achievement award at the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year ceremony in London on Sunday, December 19 night.
The soccer superstar received the special accolade for his continued success in the world of soccer and became emotional as he made his way to the stage to a rousing two-minute long standing ovation from his peers. His former Spice Girl wife was seen crying with pride as a teary-eyed Beckham looked on in awe at the reaction to his win.
And after the crowd finally stopped clapping, the sports hero thanked his wife and three sons for being there for him everyday. In his speech, he said, "I've been lucky enough to play with some of the great teams over the years. Playing for England has been one of the highlights and biggest things of my career."
"I'm sorry that I'm going on, but I really have to thank my parents, who have sacrificed so much over the years, my sisters, my grandparents, my family, my friends, other people who work with me and for me, and of course, I want to thank my wife and my children. Not only has she given me three amazing boys but the support she's given me... she is truly an inspiration for me every single day. So Victoria, Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz - thank you."
After the ceremony, Victoria took to her Twitter.com page to give her own thanks to her husband's fans. She writes, "Thank u all so much for your kind words to David! The reception tonight was breath taking and I am so, so proud of him!! Words can't express how proud I am of David. A truly wonderful and very emotional evening. I'm so proud of my little men too!!!"
More Victoria Adams News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest