'X Factor' Winner Matt Cardle Tops U.K. Christmas Chart
Pop star Matt Cardle has shot to the top of the U.K. singles chart to score the coveted Christmas number one after claiming victory on Simon Cowell's British reality TV show "The X Factor" last weekend. Cardle's "When We Collide" debuts atop the holiday countdown, fighting off competition from Rihanna's "What's My Name" at two, and The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird" entering at three.
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson's first posthumous release, "Michael", is the only new entry on the U.K. albums chart top 40, scrapping in at four. Boyband Take That make "Progress" with another week at number one, while Rihanna's "Loud" climbs up two places to finish in second place.
Michael Buble is at three with "Crazy Love" and another reality TV star, Olly Murs, rounds out the top five with his self-titled disc at five.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri