'X Factor' Winner Matt Cardle Tops U.K. Christmas Chart
Pop star Matt Cardle has shot to the top of the U.K. singles chart to score the coveted Christmas number one after claiming victory on Simon Cowell's British reality TV show "The X Factor" last weekend. Cardle's "When We Collide" debuts atop the holiday countdown, fighting off competition from Rihanna's "What's My Name" at two, and The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird" entering at three.
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson's first posthumous release, "Michael", is the only new entry on the U.K. albums chart top 40, scrapping in at four. Boyband Take That make "Progress" with another week at number one, while Rihanna's "Loud" climbs up two places to finish in second place.
Michael Buble is at three with "Crazy Love" and another reality TV star, Olly Murs, rounds out the top five with his self-titled disc at five.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'