'X Factor' Winner Matt Cardle Tops U.K. Christmas Chart
Pop star Matt Cardle has shot to the top of the U.K. singles chart to score the coveted Christmas number one after claiming victory on Simon Cowell's British reality TV show "The X Factor" last weekend. Cardle's "When We Collide" debuts atop the holiday countdown, fighting off competition from Rihanna's "What's My Name" at two, and The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird" entering at three.
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson's first posthumous release, "Michael", is the only new entry on the U.K. albums chart top 40, scrapping in at four. Boyband Take That make "Progress" with another week at number one, while Rihanna's "Loud" climbs up two places to finish in second place.
Michael Buble is at three with "Crazy Love" and another reality TV star, Olly Murs, rounds out the top five with his self-titled disc at five.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns