'X Factor' Winner Matt Cardle Tops U.K. Christmas Chart
Pop star Matt Cardle has shot to the top of the U.K. singles chart to score the coveted Christmas number one after claiming victory on Simon Cowell's British reality TV show "The X Factor" last weekend. Cardle's "When We Collide" debuts atop the holiday countdown, fighting off competition from Rihanna's "What's My Name" at two, and The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird" entering at three.
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson's first posthumous release, "Michael", is the only new entry on the U.K. albums chart top 40, scrapping in at four. Boyband Take That make "Progress" with another week at number one, while Rihanna's "Loud" climbs up two places to finish in second place.
Michael Buble is at three with "Crazy Love" and another reality TV star, Olly Murs, rounds out the top five with his self-titled disc at five.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal