'X Factor' Winner Matt Cardle Tops U.K. Christmas Chart
Pop star Matt Cardle has shot to the top of the U.K. singles chart to score the coveted Christmas number one after claiming victory on Simon Cowell's British reality TV show "The X Factor" last weekend. Cardle's "When We Collide" debuts atop the holiday countdown, fighting off competition from Rihanna's "What's My Name" at two, and The Trashmen's "Surfin' Bird" entering at three.
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson's first posthumous release, "Michael", is the only new entry on the U.K. albums chart top 40, scrapping in at four. Boyband Take That make "Progress" with another week at number one, while Rihanna's "Loud" climbs up two places to finish in second place.
Michael Buble is at three with "Crazy Love" and another reality TV star, Olly Murs, rounds out the top five with his self-titled disc at five.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says