Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts Is a Dad
Rascal Flatts bassist Jay DeMarcus is a first-time father - his wife Allison Alderson gave birth to a baby girl on Friday, December 17. The couple welcomed its first child, a daughter named Madeline Leigh DeMarcus, on Friday afternoon, with the tot weighing in at a healthy six pounds, nine ounces (3.1 kilograms).
DeMarcus announced the happy news in a post on his Twitter.com page, writing, "It's true! Madeline Leigh DeMarcus was born yesterday at 4:49pm. She weighed 6 lbs, 9 oz... Ali and I are so excited!"
The new addition comes just months after DeMarcus' bandmate Joe Don Rooney welcomed a daughter. DeMarcus married the former beauty queen in 2004, after they met on the set of one of the band's videos.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift