Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts Is a Dad
Rascal Flatts bassist Jay DeMarcus is a first-time father - his wife Allison Alderson gave birth to a baby girl on Friday, December 17. The couple welcomed its first child, a daughter named Madeline Leigh DeMarcus, on Friday afternoon, with the tot weighing in at a healthy six pounds, nine ounces (3.1 kilograms).
DeMarcus announced the happy news in a post on his Twitter.com page, writing, "It's true! Madeline Leigh DeMarcus was born yesterday at 4:49pm. She weighed 6 lbs, 9 oz... Ali and I are so excited!"
The new addition comes just months after DeMarcus' bandmate Joe Don Rooney welcomed a daughter. DeMarcus married the former beauty queen in 2004, after they met on the set of one of the band's videos.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story