Judge Issues $100,000 Arrest Warrant for Evi Quaid
A judge has issued an arrest warrant for the wife of actor Randy Quaid after she skipped her latest court date on Thursday, December 16. Evi Quaid was due to appear in a Santa Barbara, California court for a probation hearing, stemming from a felony vandalism case. She and her husband were arrested in September for allegedly squatting illegally in a California home they once owned.
The Quaids had skipped three prior court dates relating to the charges and have launched a bid for asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. But Evi, 47, is a wanted woman yet again - on Thursday, a judge approved a new $100,000 arrest warrant.
Her failure to show prompted her attorney, Robert Sanger, to quit as her legal representative. She is believed to have stayed in Canada, where she is a citizen, to be with her husband.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck