Judge Issues $100,000 Arrest Warrant for Evi Quaid
A judge has issued an arrest warrant for the wife of actor Randy Quaid after she skipped her latest court date on Thursday, December 16. Evi Quaid was due to appear in a Santa Barbara, California court for a probation hearing, stemming from a felony vandalism case. She and her husband were arrested in September for allegedly squatting illegally in a California home they once owned.
The Quaids had skipped three prior court dates relating to the charges and have launched a bid for asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. But Evi, 47, is a wanted woman yet again - on Thursday, a judge approved a new $100,000 arrest warrant.
Her failure to show prompted her attorney, Robert Sanger, to quit as her legal representative. She is believed to have stayed in Canada, where she is a citizen, to be with her husband.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018