Judge Issues $100,000 Arrest Warrant for Evi Quaid
A judge has issued an arrest warrant for the wife of actor Randy Quaid after she skipped her latest court date on Thursday, December 16. Evi Quaid was due to appear in a Santa Barbara, California court for a probation hearing, stemming from a felony vandalism case. She and her husband were arrested in September for allegedly squatting illegally in a California home they once owned.
The Quaids had skipped three prior court dates relating to the charges and have launched a bid for asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. But Evi, 47, is a wanted woman yet again - on Thursday, a judge approved a new $100,000 arrest warrant.
Her failure to show prompted her attorney, Robert Sanger, to quit as her legal representative. She is believed to have stayed in Canada, where she is a citizen, to be with her husband.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie