Judge Issues $100,000 Arrest Warrant for Evi Quaid
A judge has issued an arrest warrant for the wife of actor Randy Quaid after she skipped her latest court date on Thursday, December 16. Evi Quaid was due to appear in a Santa Barbara, California court for a probation hearing, stemming from a felony vandalism case. She and her husband were arrested in September for allegedly squatting illegally in a California home they once owned.
The Quaids had skipped three prior court dates relating to the charges and have launched a bid for asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. But Evi, 47, is a wanted woman yet again - on Thursday, a judge approved a new $100,000 arrest warrant.
Her failure to show prompted her attorney, Robert Sanger, to quit as her legal representative. She is believed to have stayed in Canada, where she is a citizen, to be with her husband.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival