Oscar Winner Joseph Brooks' Son Indicted Following Girlfriend's Death
The son of Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks has been indicted on charges stemming from the death of his fashion designer girlfriend in New York last week. Nicholas Brooks, son of the acclaimed screenwriter/composer, was questioned by police in the early hours of December 9 after the body of Sylvie Cachay was found submerged in a bathtub at a New York City hotel room.
The 24 year old was reported to be helping police with their enquiries following the gruesome discovery at the star-studded Soho House building in Manhattan, but he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and strangulation and formerly charged on December 10. He was indicted during a Manhattan court hearing on Thursday, December 16, although the details of the counts against him have been sealed until January 4, 2011.
Brooks, who was not present for the indictment, will remain in custody in a Queens jail without bail until that date, reports the New York Post. An investigation into the cause of Cachay's death is still ongoing and toxicology results are pending.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia