Oscar Winner Joseph Brooks' Son Indicted Following Girlfriend's Death
The son of Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks has been indicted on charges stemming from the death of his fashion designer girlfriend in New York last week. Nicholas Brooks, son of the acclaimed screenwriter/composer, was questioned by police in the early hours of December 9 after the body of Sylvie Cachay was found submerged in a bathtub at a New York City hotel room.
The 24 year old was reported to be helping police with their enquiries following the gruesome discovery at the star-studded Soho House building in Manhattan, but he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and strangulation and formerly charged on December 10. He was indicted during a Manhattan court hearing on Thursday, December 16, although the details of the counts against him have been sealed until January 4, 2011.
Brooks, who was not present for the indictment, will remain in custody in a Queens jail without bail until that date, reports the New York Post. An investigation into the cause of Cachay's death is still ongoing and toxicology results are pending.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri