Oscar Winner Joseph Brooks' Son Indicted Following Girlfriend's Death
The son of Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks has been indicted on charges stemming from the death of his fashion designer girlfriend in New York last week. Nicholas Brooks, son of the acclaimed screenwriter/composer, was questioned by police in the early hours of December 9 after the body of Sylvie Cachay was found submerged in a bathtub at a New York City hotel room.
The 24 year old was reported to be helping police with their enquiries following the gruesome discovery at the star-studded Soho House building in Manhattan, but he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and strangulation and formerly charged on December 10. He was indicted during a Manhattan court hearing on Thursday, December 16, although the details of the counts against him have been sealed until January 4, 2011.
Brooks, who was not present for the indictment, will remain in custody in a Queens jail without bail until that date, reports the New York Post. An investigation into the cause of Cachay's death is still ongoing and toxicology results are pending.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'