Oscar Winner Joseph Brooks' Son Indicted Following Girlfriend's Death
The son of Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks has been indicted on charges stemming from the death of his fashion designer girlfriend in New York last week. Nicholas Brooks, son of the acclaimed screenwriter/composer, was questioned by police in the early hours of December 9 after the body of Sylvie Cachay was found submerged in a bathtub at a New York City hotel room.
The 24 year old was reported to be helping police with their enquiries following the gruesome discovery at the star-studded Soho House building in Manhattan, but he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and strangulation and formerly charged on December 10. He was indicted during a Manhattan court hearing on Thursday, December 16, although the details of the counts against him have been sealed until January 4, 2011.
Brooks, who was not present for the indictment, will remain in custody in a Queens jail without bail until that date, reports the New York Post. An investigation into the cause of Cachay's death is still ongoing and toxicology results are pending.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie