Oscar Winner Joseph Brooks' Son Indicted Following Girlfriend's Death
The son of Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks has been indicted on charges stemming from the death of his fashion designer girlfriend in New York last week. Nicholas Brooks, son of the acclaimed screenwriter/composer, was questioned by police in the early hours of December 9 after the body of Sylvie Cachay was found submerged in a bathtub at a New York City hotel room.
The 24 year old was reported to be helping police with their enquiries following the gruesome discovery at the star-studded Soho House building in Manhattan, but he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and strangulation and formerly charged on December 10. He was indicted during a Manhattan court hearing on Thursday, December 16, although the details of the counts against him have been sealed until January 4, 2011.
Brooks, who was not present for the indictment, will remain in custody in a Queens jail without bail until that date, reports the New York Post. An investigation into the cause of Cachay's death is still ongoing and toxicology results are pending.
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors