Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested in Las Vegas
Troubled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been taken into custody by Las Vegas police, hours after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman became a wanted man on Thursday, December 16, relating to a charge of criminal battery following an alleged parking dispute with a security guard in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face.
The case returned to court this week after prosecutors complained the star had received preferential treatment during a hearing earlier this month, prompting the judge to sign off on the new warrant. But Mayweather, Jr. was apprehended by cops on Thursday night after a casino bodyguard recognized him and alerted the local authorities to his whereabouts, reports TMZ.com.
The boxer was still in custody as WENN went to press. If convicted, he faces up to six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine.
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer