Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested in Las Vegas
Troubled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been taken into custody by Las Vegas police, hours after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman became a wanted man on Thursday, December 16, relating to a charge of criminal battery following an alleged parking dispute with a security guard in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face.
The case returned to court this week after prosecutors complained the star had received preferential treatment during a hearing earlier this month, prompting the judge to sign off on the new warrant. But Mayweather, Jr. was apprehended by cops on Thursday night after a casino bodyguard recognized him and alerted the local authorities to his whereabouts, reports TMZ.com.
The boxer was still in custody as WENN went to press. If convicted, he faces up to six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'