Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested in Las Vegas
Troubled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been taken into custody by Las Vegas police, hours after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman became a wanted man on Thursday, December 16, relating to a charge of criminal battery following an alleged parking dispute with a security guard in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face.
The case returned to court this week after prosecutors complained the star had received preferential treatment during a hearing earlier this month, prompting the judge to sign off on the new warrant. But Mayweather, Jr. was apprehended by cops on Thursday night after a casino bodyguard recognized him and alerted the local authorities to his whereabouts, reports TMZ.com.
The boxer was still in custody as WENN went to press. If convicted, he faces up to six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris