Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested in Las Vegas
Troubled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been taken into custody by Las Vegas police, hours after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman became a wanted man on Thursday, December 16, relating to a charge of criminal battery following an alleged parking dispute with a security guard in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face.
The case returned to court this week after prosecutors complained the star had received preferential treatment during a hearing earlier this month, prompting the judge to sign off on the new warrant. But Mayweather, Jr. was apprehended by cops on Thursday night after a casino bodyguard recognized him and alerted the local authorities to his whereabouts, reports TMZ.com.
The boxer was still in custody as WENN went to press. If convicted, he faces up to six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet