Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Arrested in Las Vegas
Troubled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been taken into custody by Las Vegas police, hours after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman became a wanted man on Thursday, December 16, relating to a charge of criminal battery following an alleged parking dispute with a security guard in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face.
The case returned to court this week after prosecutors complained the star had received preferential treatment during a hearing earlier this month, prompting the judge to sign off on the new warrant. But Mayweather, Jr. was apprehended by cops on Thursday night after a casino bodyguard recognized him and alerted the local authorities to his whereabouts, reports TMZ.com.
The boxer was still in custody as WENN went to press. If convicted, he faces up to six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory