Dave Grohl Joins 'The Muppet' Movie as Drummer
Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has signed up to join the star-studded cast of the upcoming "The Muppets" movie, according to a U.K report. The former Nirvana percussionist will make a cameo appearance in the family-friendly film, taking Animal's place in his band when the drum-crazy muppet is ordered to attend anger-management classes, according to NME.com.
Jack Black, Amy Adams, Zach Galifianakis, Emily Blunt and Ricky Gervais will all appear in the new film, the first in the popular franchise since 1999's "Muppets From Space". This would be Grohl's first movie since 2006, when he played Satan in "Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny".
The new Muppets movie is written by Jason Segel and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" director Nicholas Stoller. Segel will take the role of Walter, a fan of the Muppets who helps reunite the troupe in order to stage a telethon to raise $10 million and save the Muppet Theater from destruction by an oilman.
"Flight of the Conchords" star, Bret McKenzie, is the music supervisor and is writing original songs for the film.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope