Gerard Way Feels More Confidence on Stage After Weight Loss
My Chemical Romance rocker Gerard Way has vowed to watch his waistline for the sake of his career - because dropping more than 40 pounds has given him a confidence boost on stage.
Way admits he struggled with "severe body issues" growing up, and has been as heavy as 198 pounds (90 kilograms) during the past 10 years. A new strict diet has brought the singer down to 156 pounds (70.9 kilograms), the lowest of his adult life - and Way insists shedding the extra weight has a big impact on his live shows, because he's no longer trying to hide his bulging belly behind clothes.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It was about feeling free and moving and being a little more fearless onstage, that's what this was about, so I just had to get in shape. I grew up with several body issues, and then basically used our wardrobe to shield those body issues for the entirety of the band's career."
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels