Gerard Way Feels More Confidence on Stage After Weight Loss
My Chemical Romance rocker Gerard Way has vowed to watch his waistline for the sake of his career - because dropping more than 40 pounds has given him a confidence boost on stage.
Way admits he struggled with "severe body issues" growing up, and has been as heavy as 198 pounds (90 kilograms) during the past 10 years. A new strict diet has brought the singer down to 156 pounds (70.9 kilograms), the lowest of his adult life - and Way insists shedding the extra weight has a big impact on his live shows, because he's no longer trying to hide his bulging belly behind clothes.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It was about feeling free and moving and being a little more fearless onstage, that's what this was about, so I just had to get in shape. I grew up with several body issues, and then basically used our wardrobe to shield those body issues for the entirety of the band's career."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance