Gerard Way Feels More Confidence on Stage After Weight Loss
My Chemical Romance rocker Gerard Way has vowed to watch his waistline for the sake of his career - because dropping more than 40 pounds has given him a confidence boost on stage.
Way admits he struggled with "severe body issues" growing up, and has been as heavy as 198 pounds (90 kilograms) during the past 10 years. A new strict diet has brought the singer down to 156 pounds (70.9 kilograms), the lowest of his adult life - and Way insists shedding the extra weight has a big impact on his live shows, because he's no longer trying to hide his bulging belly behind clothes.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It was about feeling free and moving and being a little more fearless onstage, that's what this was about, so I just had to get in shape. I grew up with several body issues, and then basically used our wardrobe to shield those body issues for the entirety of the band's career."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers