Gerard Way Feels More Confidence on Stage After Weight Loss
My Chemical Romance rocker Gerard Way has vowed to watch his waistline for the sake of his career - because dropping more than 40 pounds has given him a confidence boost on stage.
Way admits he struggled with "severe body issues" growing up, and has been as heavy as 198 pounds (90 kilograms) during the past 10 years. A new strict diet has brought the singer down to 156 pounds (70.9 kilograms), the lowest of his adult life - and Way insists shedding the extra weight has a big impact on his live shows, because he's no longer trying to hide his bulging belly behind clothes.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It was about feeling free and moving and being a little more fearless onstage, that's what this was about, so I just had to get in shape. I grew up with several body issues, and then basically used our wardrobe to shield those body issues for the entirety of the band's career."
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date