Gerard Way Feels More Confidence on Stage After Weight Loss
My Chemical Romance rocker Gerard Way has vowed to watch his waistline for the sake of his career - because dropping more than 40 pounds has given him a confidence boost on stage.
Way admits he struggled with "severe body issues" growing up, and has been as heavy as 198 pounds (90 kilograms) during the past 10 years. A new strict diet has brought the singer down to 156 pounds (70.9 kilograms), the lowest of his adult life - and Way insists shedding the extra weight has a big impact on his live shows, because he's no longer trying to hide his bulging belly behind clothes.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It was about feeling free and moving and being a little more fearless onstage, that's what this was about, so I just had to get in shape. I grew up with several body issues, and then basically used our wardrobe to shield those body issues for the entirety of the band's career."
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette