David Arquette Says Nervous Breakdown Claim Was Just 'Joke'
David Arquette has backtracked over his comments suggesting his separation from wife Courteney Cox has prompted a nervous breakdown - insisting it was "a joke". The couple revealed in October this year they had decided to take a break after 11 years of marriage.
The former "Friends" star has kept a dignified silence since their trial separation began, but Arquette went public to reveal their lack of bedroom action and how the actress grew tired of his immaturity - and he opened up further on Howard Stern's radio show on Wednesday, December 15.
When asked by the shock jock if he's "having a nervous breakdown", Arquette replied, "I believe so." He confessed he had been drinking heavily since his marriage revelation and had "embarrassed" himself at a Hollywood party after mistaking Tom Cruise for someone else.
But despite his own claims, Arquette has taken to his Twitter.com page to insist he is not experiencing a meltdown. He writes, "It is being reported that I'm having a Nervous Breakdown. I assure you am not. This stemmed from a joke I made. I always speak my mind and I really don't care what people that don't know me may say. I'm a good person with a huge heart. I thank those that have been on my side during this rough time."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!