David Arquette Says Nervous Breakdown Claim Was Just 'Joke'
David Arquette has backtracked over his comments suggesting his separation from wife Courteney Cox has prompted a nervous breakdown - insisting it was "a joke". The couple revealed in October this year they had decided to take a break after 11 years of marriage.
The former "Friends" star has kept a dignified silence since their trial separation began, but Arquette went public to reveal their lack of bedroom action and how the actress grew tired of his immaturity - and he opened up further on Howard Stern's radio show on Wednesday, December 15.
When asked by the shock jock if he's "having a nervous breakdown", Arquette replied, "I believe so." He confessed he had been drinking heavily since his marriage revelation and had "embarrassed" himself at a Hollywood party after mistaking Tom Cruise for someone else.
But despite his own claims, Arquette has taken to his Twitter.com page to insist he is not experiencing a meltdown. He writes, "It is being reported that I'm having a Nervous Breakdown. I assure you am not. This stemmed from a joke I made. I always speak my mind and I really don't care what people that don't know me may say. I'm a good person with a huge heart. I thank those that have been on my side during this rough time."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation