David Arquette Says Nervous Breakdown Claim Was Just 'Joke'
David Arquette has backtracked over his comments suggesting his separation from wife Courteney Cox has prompted a nervous breakdown - insisting it was "a joke". The couple revealed in October this year they had decided to take a break after 11 years of marriage.
The former "Friends" star has kept a dignified silence since their trial separation began, but Arquette went public to reveal their lack of bedroom action and how the actress grew tired of his immaturity - and he opened up further on Howard Stern's radio show on Wednesday, December 15.
When asked by the shock jock if he's "having a nervous breakdown", Arquette replied, "I believe so." He confessed he had been drinking heavily since his marriage revelation and had "embarrassed" himself at a Hollywood party after mistaking Tom Cruise for someone else.
But despite his own claims, Arquette has taken to his Twitter.com page to insist he is not experiencing a meltdown. He writes, "It is being reported that I'm having a Nervous Breakdown. I assure you am not. This stemmed from a joke I made. I always speak my mind and I really don't care what people that don't know me may say. I'm a good person with a huge heart. I thank those that have been on my side during this rough time."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift