David Arquette Says Nervous Breakdown Claim Was Just 'Joke'
David Arquette has backtracked over his comments suggesting his separation from wife Courteney Cox has prompted a nervous breakdown - insisting it was "a joke". The couple revealed in October this year they had decided to take a break after 11 years of marriage.
The former "Friends" star has kept a dignified silence since their trial separation began, but Arquette went public to reveal their lack of bedroom action and how the actress grew tired of his immaturity - and he opened up further on Howard Stern's radio show on Wednesday, December 15.
When asked by the shock jock if he's "having a nervous breakdown", Arquette replied, "I believe so." He confessed he had been drinking heavily since his marriage revelation and had "embarrassed" himself at a Hollywood party after mistaking Tom Cruise for someone else.
But despite his own claims, Arquette has taken to his Twitter.com page to insist he is not experiencing a meltdown. He writes, "It is being reported that I'm having a Nervous Breakdown. I assure you am not. This stemmed from a joke I made. I always speak my mind and I really don't care what people that don't know me may say. I'm a good person with a huge heart. I thank those that have been on my side during this rough time."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special