David Arquette Says Nervous Breakdown Claim Was Just 'Joke'
David Arquette has backtracked over his comments suggesting his separation from wife Courteney Cox has prompted a nervous breakdown - insisting it was "a joke". The couple revealed in October this year they had decided to take a break after 11 years of marriage.
The former "Friends" star has kept a dignified silence since their trial separation began, but Arquette went public to reveal their lack of bedroom action and how the actress grew tired of his immaturity - and he opened up further on Howard Stern's radio show on Wednesday, December 15.
When asked by the shock jock if he's "having a nervous breakdown", Arquette replied, "I believe so." He confessed he had been drinking heavily since his marriage revelation and had "embarrassed" himself at a Hollywood party after mistaking Tom Cruise for someone else.
But despite his own claims, Arquette has taken to his Twitter.com page to insist he is not experiencing a meltdown. He writes, "It is being reported that I'm having a Nervous Breakdown. I assure you am not. This stemmed from a joke I made. I always speak my mind and I really don't care what people that don't know me may say. I'm a good person with a huge heart. I thank those that have been on my side during this rough time."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl