Actress Amy Locane Charged of Manslaughter
Former "Melrose Place" actress Amy Locane has been indicted on charges of aggravated manslaughter and assault by automobile after she was involved in a fatal car crash earlier this year. The star, who also appeared opposite Johnny Depp in "Cry-Baby", was driving in Montgomery, New Jersey in June when she struck another vehicle as it turned into a driveway.
Helene Seeman, a passenger in the front seat of the other car, was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver, Fred Seeman, was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries. Locane confessed to police she had had several glasses of wine before getting behind the wheel, reports TMZ.com.
She was formally charged by a grand jury in Somerset County on Thursday, December 16 afternoon. However, her attorney Blair Zwillman has vowed to challenge the aggravated manslaughter count, insisting: "I don't believe it is supported by the law or the facts and I think it constitutes over-reaching by the prosecutor's office."
If convicted, the actress faces a maximum of 30 years for the manslaughter charge and up to 10 years for the assault by auto count.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7