Actress Amy Locane Charged of Manslaughter
Former "Melrose Place" actress Amy Locane has been indicted on charges of aggravated manslaughter and assault by automobile after she was involved in a fatal car crash earlier this year. The star, who also appeared opposite Johnny Depp in "Cry-Baby", was driving in Montgomery, New Jersey in June when she struck another vehicle as it turned into a driveway.
Helene Seeman, a passenger in the front seat of the other car, was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver, Fred Seeman, was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries. Locane confessed to police she had had several glasses of wine before getting behind the wheel, reports TMZ.com.
She was formally charged by a grand jury in Somerset County on Thursday, December 16 afternoon. However, her attorney Blair Zwillman has vowed to challenge the aggravated manslaughter count, insisting: "I don't believe it is supported by the law or the facts and I think it constitutes over-reaching by the prosecutor's office."
If convicted, the actress faces a maximum of 30 years for the manslaughter charge and up to 10 years for the assault by auto count.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics