Actress Amy Locane Charged of Manslaughter
Former "Melrose Place" actress Amy Locane has been indicted on charges of aggravated manslaughter and assault by automobile after she was involved in a fatal car crash earlier this year. The star, who also appeared opposite Johnny Depp in "Cry-Baby", was driving in Montgomery, New Jersey in June when she struck another vehicle as it turned into a driveway.
Helene Seeman, a passenger in the front seat of the other car, was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver, Fred Seeman, was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries. Locane confessed to police she had had several glasses of wine before getting behind the wheel, reports TMZ.com.
She was formally charged by a grand jury in Somerset County on Thursday, December 16 afternoon. However, her attorney Blair Zwillman has vowed to challenge the aggravated manslaughter count, insisting: "I don't believe it is supported by the law or the facts and I think it constitutes over-reaching by the prosecutor's office."
If convicted, the actress faces a maximum of 30 years for the manslaughter charge and up to 10 years for the assault by auto count.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?