Actress Amy Locane Charged of Manslaughter
Former "Melrose Place" actress Amy Locane has been indicted on charges of aggravated manslaughter and assault by automobile after she was involved in a fatal car crash earlier this year. The star, who also appeared opposite Johnny Depp in "Cry-Baby", was driving in Montgomery, New Jersey in June when she struck another vehicle as it turned into a driveway.
Helene Seeman, a passenger in the front seat of the other car, was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver, Fred Seeman, was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries. Locane confessed to police she had had several glasses of wine before getting behind the wheel, reports TMZ.com.
She was formally charged by a grand jury in Somerset County on Thursday, December 16 afternoon. However, her attorney Blair Zwillman has vowed to challenge the aggravated manslaughter count, insisting: "I don't believe it is supported by the law or the facts and I think it constitutes over-reaching by the prosecutor's office."
If convicted, the actress faces a maximum of 30 years for the manslaughter charge and up to 10 years for the assault by auto count.
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures