Actress Amy Locane Charged of Manslaughter
Former "Melrose Place" actress Amy Locane has been indicted on charges of aggravated manslaughter and assault by automobile after she was involved in a fatal car crash earlier this year. The star, who also appeared opposite Johnny Depp in "Cry-Baby", was driving in Montgomery, New Jersey in June when she struck another vehicle as it turned into a driveway.
Helene Seeman, a passenger in the front seat of the other car, was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver, Fred Seeman, was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries. Locane confessed to police she had had several glasses of wine before getting behind the wheel, reports TMZ.com.
She was formally charged by a grand jury in Somerset County on Thursday, December 16 afternoon. However, her attorney Blair Zwillman has vowed to challenge the aggravated manslaughter count, insisting: "I don't believe it is supported by the law or the facts and I think it constitutes over-reaching by the prosecutor's office."
If convicted, the actress faces a maximum of 30 years for the manslaughter charge and up to 10 years for the assault by auto count.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser