Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Is a Wanted Man in Las Vegas
Embattled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is wanted by Las Vegas authorities after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman's latest legal troubles stem from an alleged altercation with security guard Shayne Smith in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face during a parking dispute in his neighborhood.
Mayweather, Jr. was charged with criminal battery and the case went to court last week. During the hearing, a judge signed a bench warrant making Mayweather, Jr. a wanted man, before immediately recalling the order. Prosecutors challenged the decision and complained the boxer had been given preferential treatment, prompting the judge to reissue the warrant this week.
If convicted, Mayweather, Jr. faces six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine, according to TMZ.com.
The arrest warrant is the latest of the star's legal woes. He is facing charges of coercion, grand larceny and robbery, as well as domestic battery stemming from a violent altercation with his ex-girlfriend in September, and was last month, he was accused of assault with a deadly weapon following a separate incident in Las Vegas.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes