Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Is a Wanted Man in Las Vegas
Embattled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is wanted by Las Vegas authorities after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman's latest legal troubles stem from an alleged altercation with security guard Shayne Smith in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face during a parking dispute in his neighborhood.
Mayweather, Jr. was charged with criminal battery and the case went to court last week. During the hearing, a judge signed a bench warrant making Mayweather, Jr. a wanted man, before immediately recalling the order. Prosecutors challenged the decision and complained the boxer had been given preferential treatment, prompting the judge to reissue the warrant this week.
If convicted, Mayweather, Jr. faces six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine, according to TMZ.com.
The arrest warrant is the latest of the star's legal woes. He is facing charges of coercion, grand larceny and robbery, as well as domestic battery stemming from a violent altercation with his ex-girlfriend in September, and was last month, he was accused of assault with a deadly weapon following a separate incident in Las Vegas.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo