Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Is a Wanted Man in Las Vegas
Embattled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is wanted by Las Vegas authorities after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The sportsman's latest legal troubles stem from an alleged altercation with security guard Shayne Smith in November, when he reportedly jabbed the man in the face during a parking dispute in his neighborhood.
Mayweather, Jr. was charged with criminal battery and the case went to court last week. During the hearing, a judge signed a bench warrant making Mayweather, Jr. a wanted man, before immediately recalling the order. Prosecutors challenged the decision and complained the boxer had been given preferential treatment, prompting the judge to reissue the warrant this week.
If convicted, Mayweather, Jr. faces six months behind bars and a $1,000 fine, according to TMZ.com.
The arrest warrant is the latest of the star's legal woes. He is facing charges of coercion, grand larceny and robbery, as well as domestic battery stemming from a violent altercation with his ex-girlfriend in September, and was last month, he was accused of assault with a deadly weapon following a separate incident in Las Vegas.
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport