Actor Shelley Malil Sentenced to Life Behind Bars for Stabbing Ex
Actor Shelley Malil has been sentenced to life imprisonment after he was convicted for the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend. "40 Year-Old Virgin" star was found guilty of viciously stabbing Kendra Beebe after a three-week trial in September.
Malil claimed he had never intended to hurt Beebe and had acted in self defense when he lashed out in the dark during the incident in 2008, stabbing her more than 20 times. He told the jury at California's San Diego County Superior Court that he thought he was being attacked from behind following a bust-up with Beebe's pal David Maldonado.
He was also found guilty on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon. Malil, 45, was sentenced in court on Thursday, December 16 when Judge Harry Eilas ordered him to serve life behind bars, with the possibility of parole in nine years' time.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville