Actor Shelley Malil Sentenced to Life Behind Bars for Stabbing Ex
Actor Shelley Malil has been sentenced to life imprisonment after he was convicted for the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend. "40 Year-Old Virgin" star was found guilty of viciously stabbing Kendra Beebe after a three-week trial in September.
Malil claimed he had never intended to hurt Beebe and had acted in self defense when he lashed out in the dark during the incident in 2008, stabbing her more than 20 times. He told the jury at California's San Diego County Superior Court that he thought he was being attacked from behind following a bust-up with Beebe's pal David Maldonado.
He was also found guilty on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon. Malil, 45, was sentenced in court on Thursday, December 16 when Judge Harry Eilas ordered him to serve life behind bars, with the possibility of parole in nine years' time.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface