Actor Shelley Malil Sentenced to Life Behind Bars for Stabbing Ex
Actor Shelley Malil has been sentenced to life imprisonment after he was convicted for the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend. "40 Year-Old Virgin" star was found guilty of viciously stabbing Kendra Beebe after a three-week trial in September.
Malil claimed he had never intended to hurt Beebe and had acted in self defense when he lashed out in the dark during the incident in 2008, stabbing her more than 20 times. He told the jury at California's San Diego County Superior Court that he thought he was being attacked from behind following a bust-up with Beebe's pal David Maldonado.
He was also found guilty on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon. Malil, 45, was sentenced in court on Thursday, December 16 when Judge Harry Eilas ordered him to serve life behind bars, with the possibility of parole in nine years' time.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest