Jay-Z Uses Alias 'X' to Go Unnoticed in Public
Rap mogul Jay-Z has a sly way of avoiding swarms of fans when he's out and about - he uses the alias "X". The hip-hop star, real name Shawn Carter, was recently spotted placing an order at a Starbucks coffee shop in midtown Manhattan, New York - and he was careful not to give away his identity to the barista, who called out orders to customers when they're ready.
A source tells the New York Post the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker gave his name as "X" and joked: "I know, it's not a name, it's a letter, I know." And the trick worked - the rapper reportedly slipped out unnoticed.
Jay-Z recently spent time in Australia with his singer wife Beyonce Knowles. During his stay Down Under, the rap mogul managed to visit Oprah Winfrey, walking into a classroom in the middle of a music lesson before treating the lucky students to an impromptu jam session. The night before, he took the stage at ANZ Stadium with U2.
More Jay-Z News
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne