Jay-Z Uses Alias 'X' to Go Unnoticed in Public
Rap mogul Jay-Z has a sly way of avoiding swarms of fans when he's out and about - he uses the alias "X". The hip-hop star, real name Shawn Carter, was recently spotted placing an order at a Starbucks coffee shop in midtown Manhattan, New York - and he was careful not to give away his identity to the barista, who called out orders to customers when they're ready.
A source tells the New York Post the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker gave his name as "X" and joked: "I know, it's not a name, it's a letter, I know." And the trick worked - the rapper reportedly slipped out unnoticed.
Jay-Z recently spent time in Australia with his singer wife Beyonce Knowles. During his stay Down Under, the rap mogul managed to visit Oprah Winfrey, walking into a classroom in the middle of a music lesson before treating the lucky students to an impromptu jam session. The night before, he took the stage at ANZ Stadium with U2.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'