Jay-Z Uses Alias 'X' to Go Unnoticed in Public
Rap mogul Jay-Z has a sly way of avoiding swarms of fans when he's out and about - he uses the alias "X". The hip-hop star, real name Shawn Carter, was recently spotted placing an order at a Starbucks coffee shop in midtown Manhattan, New York - and he was careful not to give away his identity to the barista, who called out orders to customers when they're ready.
A source tells the New York Post the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker gave his name as "X" and joked: "I know, it's not a name, it's a letter, I know." And the trick worked - the rapper reportedly slipped out unnoticed.
Jay-Z recently spent time in Australia with his singer wife Beyonce Knowles. During his stay Down Under, the rap mogul managed to visit Oprah Winfrey, walking into a classroom in the middle of a music lesson before treating the lucky students to an impromptu jam session. The night before, he took the stage at ANZ Stadium with U2.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation