Jay-Z Uses Alias 'X' to Go Unnoticed in Public
Rap mogul Jay-Z has a sly way of avoiding swarms of fans when he's out and about - he uses the alias "X". The hip-hop star, real name Shawn Carter, was recently spotted placing an order at a Starbucks coffee shop in midtown Manhattan, New York - and he was careful not to give away his identity to the barista, who called out orders to customers when they're ready.
A source tells the New York Post the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker gave his name as "X" and joked: "I know, it's not a name, it's a letter, I know." And the trick worked - the rapper reportedly slipped out unnoticed.
Jay-Z recently spent time in Australia with his singer wife Beyonce Knowles. During his stay Down Under, the rap mogul managed to visit Oprah Winfrey, walking into a classroom in the middle of a music lesson before treating the lucky students to an impromptu jam session. The night before, he took the stage at ANZ Stadium with U2.
More Jay-Z News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video