Jay-Z Uses Alias 'X' to Go Unnoticed in Public
Rap mogul Jay-Z has a sly way of avoiding swarms of fans when he's out and about - he uses the alias "X". The hip-hop star, real name Shawn Carter, was recently spotted placing an order at a Starbucks coffee shop in midtown Manhattan, New York - and he was careful not to give away his identity to the barista, who called out orders to customers when they're ready.
A source tells the New York Post the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker gave his name as "X" and joked: "I know, it's not a name, it's a letter, I know." And the trick worked - the rapper reportedly slipped out unnoticed.
Jay-Z recently spent time in Australia with his singer wife Beyonce Knowles. During his stay Down Under, the rap mogul managed to visit Oprah Winfrey, walking into a classroom in the middle of a music lesson before treating the lucky students to an impromptu jam session. The night before, he took the stage at ANZ Stadium with U2.
More Jay-Z News
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie