Matt Lucas Wins Apology From Daily Mail Over 'Grossly Intrusive' Article
British comic Matt Lucas has been awarded damages from bosses at a second U.K. newspaper over an article published in the wake of his ex-husband's sudden death last year. The Little Britain star was devastated when his former partner, Kevin McGee, was found hanged at his Edinburgh, Scotland apartment in October 2009. The couple tied the knot in a civil partnership in 2006 before parting ways in 2008.
Lucas later sued bosses at the Daily Mail for invasion of privacy for a "grossly intrusive" article published last March. His lawyers argued the piece, entitled How Matt Lucas Learnt to Laugh Again, constituted an unlawful intrusion into his grief and suffering.
They also claimed Lucas was not warned about its publication, which they claimed caused him considerable upset and distress. The Press Association reports Lucas has been awarded undisclosed damages and a published apology from the newspaper's editors.
Lucas was awarded damages and an apology from editors at the U.K.'s Daily Star last May for publishing false claims suggesting he had been placed on suicide watch following the tragedy.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth