Matt Lucas Wins Apology From Daily Mail Over 'Grossly Intrusive' Article
British comic Matt Lucas has been awarded damages from bosses at a second U.K. newspaper over an article published in the wake of his ex-husband's sudden death last year. The Little Britain star was devastated when his former partner, Kevin McGee, was found hanged at his Edinburgh, Scotland apartment in October 2009. The couple tied the knot in a civil partnership in 2006 before parting ways in 2008.
Lucas later sued bosses at the Daily Mail for invasion of privacy for a "grossly intrusive" article published last March. His lawyers argued the piece, entitled How Matt Lucas Learnt to Laugh Again, constituted an unlawful intrusion into his grief and suffering.
They also claimed Lucas was not warned about its publication, which they claimed caused him considerable upset and distress. The Press Association reports Lucas has been awarded undisclosed damages and a published apology from the newspaper's editors.
Lucas was awarded damages and an apology from editors at the U.K.'s Daily Star last May for publishing false claims suggesting he had been placed on suicide watch following the tragedy.
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?