Matt Lucas Wins Apology From Daily Mail Over 'Grossly Intrusive' Article
British comic Matt Lucas has been awarded damages from bosses at a second U.K. newspaper over an article published in the wake of his ex-husband's sudden death last year. The Little Britain star was devastated when his former partner, Kevin McGee, was found hanged at his Edinburgh, Scotland apartment in October 2009. The couple tied the knot in a civil partnership in 2006 before parting ways in 2008.
Lucas later sued bosses at the Daily Mail for invasion of privacy for a "grossly intrusive" article published last March. His lawyers argued the piece, entitled How Matt Lucas Learnt to Laugh Again, constituted an unlawful intrusion into his grief and suffering.
They also claimed Lucas was not warned about its publication, which they claimed caused him considerable upset and distress. The Press Association reports Lucas has been awarded undisclosed damages and a published apology from the newspaper's editors.
Lucas was awarded damages and an apology from editors at the U.K.'s Daily Star last May for publishing false claims suggesting he had been placed on suicide watch following the tragedy.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'