Natalie Portman's Dad Approves Her 'Black Swan' Role
Actress Natalie Portman has brushed off reports her father did not approve of her role as a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", insisting he couldn't be more proud of her portrayal. The "Star Wars" beauty was rumored to have fallen out with her conservative dad, Dr. Avner Hershlag, over the film's raunchy loves scenes, with sources claiming their relationship had become "frosty".
But Portman is adamant there are no problems between her and her dad, despite initially fearing how he would react. She tells People magazine, "I was so nervous - there's a lot of sexuality in the film - but he said, 'This is my favorite thing you've been in.' That meant the world to me."
Her starring role has since earned her critical acclaim and she has landed nominations for the upcoming Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards and Critic Choice Awards.
More Natalie Portman News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child