Natalie Portman's Dad Approves Her 'Black Swan' Role
Actress Natalie Portman has brushed off reports her father did not approve of her role as a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", insisting he couldn't be more proud of her portrayal. The "Star Wars" beauty was rumored to have fallen out with her conservative dad, Dr. Avner Hershlag, over the film's raunchy loves scenes, with sources claiming their relationship had become "frosty".
But Portman is adamant there are no problems between her and her dad, despite initially fearing how he would react. She tells People magazine, "I was so nervous - there's a lot of sexuality in the film - but he said, 'This is my favorite thing you've been in.' That meant the world to me."
Her starring role has since earned her critical acclaim and she has landed nominations for the upcoming Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards and Critic Choice Awards.
More Natalie Portman News
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters