Natalie Portman's Dad Approves Her 'Black Swan' Role
Actress Natalie Portman has brushed off reports her father did not approve of her role as a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", insisting he couldn't be more proud of her portrayal. The "Star Wars" beauty was rumored to have fallen out with her conservative dad, Dr. Avner Hershlag, over the film's raunchy loves scenes, with sources claiming their relationship had become "frosty".
But Portman is adamant there are no problems between her and her dad, despite initially fearing how he would react. She tells People magazine, "I was so nervous - there's a lot of sexuality in the film - but he said, 'This is my favorite thing you've been in.' That meant the world to me."
Her starring role has since earned her critical acclaim and she has landed nominations for the upcoming Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards and Critic Choice Awards.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer