Natalie Portman's Dad Approves Her 'Black Swan' Role
Actress Natalie Portman has brushed off reports her father did not approve of her role as a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", insisting he couldn't be more proud of her portrayal. The "Star Wars" beauty was rumored to have fallen out with her conservative dad, Dr. Avner Hershlag, over the film's raunchy loves scenes, with sources claiming their relationship had become "frosty".
But Portman is adamant there are no problems between her and her dad, despite initially fearing how he would react. She tells People magazine, "I was so nervous - there's a lot of sexuality in the film - but he said, 'This is my favorite thing you've been in.' That meant the world to me."
Her starring role has since earned her critical acclaim and she has landed nominations for the upcoming Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards and Critic Choice Awards.
More Natalie Portman News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut