James Blunt to Sing for the Troops in Christmas Concert
Former soldier James Blunt is returning to a warzone this Christmas - he's performing for troops in Afghanistan with Katherine Jenkins. The British singer forged a career in the armed forces before he found fame as a pop star and he's preparing to fly over to the war-torn country over the festive season to cheer up soldiers.
And Blunt is hoping his gig with the opera singer will have a positive effect on the troops. He tells Britain's This Morning, "I'm going to Afghanistan (for Christmas), I've got mates there so that will be really nice. I'm taking the very beautiful Katherine Jenkins and we're going to go and sing to the troops and scare the Taliban. Sing the Taliban into surrender - world peace!"
Beside James Blunt, earlier this year Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Nettles, Nicki Minaj and Paramore also saluted the troops in VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch