James Blunt to Sing for the Troops in Christmas Concert
Former soldier James Blunt is returning to a warzone this Christmas - he's performing for troops in Afghanistan with Katherine Jenkins. The British singer forged a career in the armed forces before he found fame as a pop star and he's preparing to fly over to the war-torn country over the festive season to cheer up soldiers.
And Blunt is hoping his gig with the opera singer will have a positive effect on the troops. He tells Britain's This Morning, "I'm going to Afghanistan (for Christmas), I've got mates there so that will be really nice. I'm taking the very beautiful Katherine Jenkins and we're going to go and sing to the troops and scare the Taliban. Sing the Taliban into surrender - world peace!"
Beside James Blunt, earlier this year Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Nettles, Nicki Minaj and Paramore also saluted the troops in VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'