James Blunt to Sing for the Troops in Christmas Concert
Former soldier James Blunt is returning to a warzone this Christmas - he's performing for troops in Afghanistan with Katherine Jenkins. The British singer forged a career in the armed forces before he found fame as a pop star and he's preparing to fly over to the war-torn country over the festive season to cheer up soldiers.
And Blunt is hoping his gig with the opera singer will have a positive effect on the troops. He tells Britain's This Morning, "I'm going to Afghanistan (for Christmas), I've got mates there so that will be really nice. I'm taking the very beautiful Katherine Jenkins and we're going to go and sing to the troops and scare the Taliban. Sing the Taliban into surrender - world peace!"
Beside James Blunt, earlier this year Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Nettles, Nicki Minaj and Paramore also saluted the troops in VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?