James Blunt to Sing for the Troops in Christmas Concert
Former soldier James Blunt is returning to a warzone this Christmas - he's performing for troops in Afghanistan with Katherine Jenkins. The British singer forged a career in the armed forces before he found fame as a pop star and he's preparing to fly over to the war-torn country over the festive season to cheer up soldiers.
And Blunt is hoping his gig with the opera singer will have a positive effect on the troops. He tells Britain's This Morning, "I'm going to Afghanistan (for Christmas), I've got mates there so that will be really nice. I'm taking the very beautiful Katherine Jenkins and we're going to go and sing to the troops and scare the Taliban. Sing the Taliban into surrender - world peace!"
Beside James Blunt, earlier this year Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Nettles, Nicki Minaj and Paramore also saluted the troops in VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'