James Blunt to Sing for the Troops in Christmas Concert
Former soldier James Blunt is returning to a warzone this Christmas - he's performing for troops in Afghanistan with Katherine Jenkins. The British singer forged a career in the armed forces before he found fame as a pop star and he's preparing to fly over to the war-torn country over the festive season to cheer up soldiers.
And Blunt is hoping his gig with the opera singer will have a positive effect on the troops. He tells Britain's This Morning, "I'm going to Afghanistan (for Christmas), I've got mates there so that will be really nice. I'm taking the very beautiful Katherine Jenkins and we're going to go and sing to the troops and scare the Taliban. Sing the Taliban into surrender - world peace!"
Beside James Blunt, earlier this year Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Nettles, Nicki Minaj and Paramore also saluted the troops in VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'