Aretha Franklin Home and Hoping to Get Out Soon
Ailing singer Aretha Franklin has returned to her home in Detroit, Michigan after undergoing surgery and is recovering with the help of her family and a private nurse. The music legend had "successful" surgery at a hospital in Detroit last week to treat an undisclosed ailment.
Subsequent reports suggested Franklin, 68, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - although relatives have refused to confirm the nature of the star's illness. However, Franklin's publicist Tracey Jordan confirms the Queen of Soul was released from hospital earlier this week and is in "great spirits".
And Franklin has released her own statement to assure fans she is being well looked after - and she is already making plans for the holidays. She says, "I've been at home for almost three days now. My family and friends who brought me home are taking great care of me."
"I also have a private nurse who visits on a daily basis. I'm hoping to be strong enough to go out and see the upcoming Sam Cooke play at the Music Hall in downtown Detroit before January 2, as well as a performance of Dreamgirls at the Fox before it closes."
More Aretha Franklin News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama