Aretha Franklin Home and Hoping to Get Out Soon
Ailing singer Aretha Franklin has returned to her home in Detroit, Michigan after undergoing surgery and is recovering with the help of her family and a private nurse. The music legend had "successful" surgery at a hospital in Detroit last week to treat an undisclosed ailment.
Subsequent reports suggested Franklin, 68, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - although relatives have refused to confirm the nature of the star's illness. However, Franklin's publicist Tracey Jordan confirms the Queen of Soul was released from hospital earlier this week and is in "great spirits".
And Franklin has released her own statement to assure fans she is being well looked after - and she is already making plans for the holidays. She says, "I've been at home for almost three days now. My family and friends who brought me home are taking great care of me."
"I also have a private nurse who visits on a daily basis. I'm hoping to be strong enough to go out and see the upcoming Sam Cooke play at the Music Hall in downtown Detroit before January 2, as well as a performance of Dreamgirls at the Fox before it closes."
More Aretha Franklin News
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo