Nervous Paul Rudd Didn't Get Obama's Joke
Actor Paul Rudd was left red-faced during a recent meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama - after failing to pick up on a joke. The "I Love You, Man" star took in a tour of the White House with his movie co-star Reese Witherspoon while shooting new romantic comedy "How Do You Know" in Washington, D.C. and they were treated to a meet-and-greet with the top politician.
But the actor messed up the big moment by mistaking a quip cracked by the President for a serious comment. Rudd explains, "We were in the Oval Office and I'd just broken into a sweat. I was nervous..."
"He said, 'Who do you play (in the film)?' And I said, 'I play this guy, he's getting indicted...' And he goes, 'Oh, so you're playing a congressman?' And I was so nervous that I said, 'Actually, no, I'm in a business with my father...' And he says, 'That was a joke.' I'm like, 'Oh God, of course it was!' "
More Paul Rudd News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris