Nervous Paul Rudd Didn't Get Obama's Joke
Actor Paul Rudd was left red-faced during a recent meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama - after failing to pick up on a joke. The "I Love You, Man" star took in a tour of the White House with his movie co-star Reese Witherspoon while shooting new romantic comedy "How Do You Know" in Washington, D.C. and they were treated to a meet-and-greet with the top politician.
But the actor messed up the big moment by mistaking a quip cracked by the President for a serious comment. Rudd explains, "We were in the Oval Office and I'd just broken into a sweat. I was nervous..."
"He said, 'Who do you play (in the film)?' And I said, 'I play this guy, he's getting indicted...' And he goes, 'Oh, so you're playing a congressman?' And I was so nervous that I said, 'Actually, no, I'm in a business with my father...' And he says, 'That was a joke.' I'm like, 'Oh God, of course it was!' "
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!