Nervous Paul Rudd Didn't Get Obama's Joke
Actor Paul Rudd was left red-faced during a recent meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama - after failing to pick up on a joke. The "I Love You, Man" star took in a tour of the White House with his movie co-star Reese Witherspoon while shooting new romantic comedy "How Do You Know" in Washington, D.C. and they were treated to a meet-and-greet with the top politician.
But the actor messed up the big moment by mistaking a quip cracked by the President for a serious comment. Rudd explains, "We were in the Oval Office and I'd just broken into a sweat. I was nervous..."
"He said, 'Who do you play (in the film)?' And I said, 'I play this guy, he's getting indicted...' And he goes, 'Oh, so you're playing a congressman?' And I was so nervous that I said, 'Actually, no, I'm in a business with my father...' And he says, 'That was a joke.' I'm like, 'Oh God, of course it was!' "
More Paul Rudd News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour