Melissa Gilbert Slams Miley Cyrus for Seeking Attention
Former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert has questioned Miley Cyrus' motives for allowing her pal to film her smoking a bong - insisting the teen superstar "wanted to get caught".
The 18-year-old "Hannah Montana" star sparked outrage last week after film footage of her smoking a huge pipe, allegedly containing the legal high Salvia, hit the web. The video has led to Cyrus being slammed by anti-drugs groups, but Gilbert - who has battled alcoholism and substance abuse issues in the past - is adamant the star meant for fans to see the footage of her intoxicated.
She tells AOL News, "These days, everyone with a cellphone is a paparazzo. How high do you have to be to let a friend film you? I think she wanted to get caught." And Gilbert has her own doubts about whether the substance in the bong was really Salvia. She adds, "That's bulls**t! I think it was marijuana."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes