Bret Michaels Is Scared of Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels is putting off the idea of marrying his longtime girlfriend Kristi Gibson because he fears a proposal will "ruin" their romance. The Poison singer has heaped praise on his on/off lover of 16 years since fighting back from the brink of death earlier this year when he was hospitalized for a brain haemorrhage and a mild stroke.
Michaels was forced to deny reports he had popped the question to Gibson in July, insisting they are "a work in progress", and he admits he's scared of changing the dynamics of their relationship with a big wedding.
He tells People magazine, "I respect marriage, but it's the leading cause of divorce! I still get a little sweaty about the marriage thing. I don't want to ruin our relationship by getting engaged and suddenly feeling like, 'This really isn't what I wanted; I just wanted to stay where we were.'"
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy