Bret Michaels Is Scared of Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels is putting off the idea of marrying his longtime girlfriend Kristi Gibson because he fears a proposal will "ruin" their romance. The Poison singer has heaped praise on his on/off lover of 16 years since fighting back from the brink of death earlier this year when he was hospitalized for a brain haemorrhage and a mild stroke.
Michaels was forced to deny reports he had popped the question to Gibson in July, insisting they are "a work in progress", and he admits he's scared of changing the dynamics of their relationship with a big wedding.
He tells People magazine, "I respect marriage, but it's the leading cause of divorce! I still get a little sweaty about the marriage thing. I don't want to ruin our relationship by getting engaged and suddenly feeling like, 'This really isn't what I wanted; I just wanted to stay where we were.'"
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'