Bret Michaels Is Scared of Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels is putting off the idea of marrying his longtime girlfriend Kristi Gibson because he fears a proposal will "ruin" their romance. The Poison singer has heaped praise on his on/off lover of 16 years since fighting back from the brink of death earlier this year when he was hospitalized for a brain haemorrhage and a mild stroke.
Michaels was forced to deny reports he had popped the question to Gibson in July, insisting they are "a work in progress", and he admits he's scared of changing the dynamics of their relationship with a big wedding.
He tells People magazine, "I respect marriage, but it's the leading cause of divorce! I still get a little sweaty about the marriage thing. I don't want to ruin our relationship by getting engaged and suddenly feeling like, 'This really isn't what I wanted; I just wanted to stay where we were.'"
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation