Lady GaGa's Meat Dress Named No. 1 Fashion Statement of 2010
Lady GaGa's meaty ensemble at this year's MTV Video Music Awards has been lauded by Time magazine editors as the number one Fashion Statement of 2010. The "Poker Face" hitmaker shocked at the September event when she donned a dress made from hide and cuts of meat, complete with a matching head piece and purse.
And GaGa's innovative dress has landed her on top of Time's annual countdown, beating weird and wonderful outfits by M.I.A., tennis superstar Venus Williams and Rihanna. Editors write, "If making fashion statements is your primary raison d'etre (reason for existence), it's easy to get bored. Exploding bra? Flamed out. Dress made of bubbles? Please. Using your hair as a bow? Not again. But a dress made of meat - with shoes, hat and purse to match - well, that's fresh."
"The carnivorous ensemble Lady GaGa wore to the MTV Video Music Awards ceremony, which is pretty much mecca for eccentric musical sartorialists, raised many questions: What does it mean? How was it made? Does she want sauce with it? GaGa's explanation of the flank frock - that if we didn't stand up for our rights, we'd be nothing but meat on our bones - seemed disappointing. We prefer to think of it as haute cutlet."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover