Lady GaGa's Meat Dress Named No. 1 Fashion Statement of 2010
Lady GaGa's meaty ensemble at this year's MTV Video Music Awards has been lauded by Time magazine editors as the number one Fashion Statement of 2010. The "Poker Face" hitmaker shocked at the September event when she donned a dress made from hide and cuts of meat, complete with a matching head piece and purse.
And GaGa's innovative dress has landed her on top of Time's annual countdown, beating weird and wonderful outfits by M.I.A., tennis superstar Venus Williams and Rihanna. Editors write, "If making fashion statements is your primary raison d'etre (reason for existence), it's easy to get bored. Exploding bra? Flamed out. Dress made of bubbles? Please. Using your hair as a bow? Not again. But a dress made of meat - with shoes, hat and purse to match - well, that's fresh."
"The carnivorous ensemble Lady GaGa wore to the MTV Video Music Awards ceremony, which is pretty much mecca for eccentric musical sartorialists, raised many questions: What does it mean? How was it made? Does she want sauce with it? GaGa's explanation of the flank frock - that if we didn't stand up for our rights, we'd be nothing but meat on our bones - seemed disappointing. We prefer to think of it as haute cutlet."
More Lady GaGa News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy