David Arquette Goes to Psychiatrist to Solve His 'Nervous Breakdown'
David Arquette's rocky marriage to actress Courteney Cox has sent him into a nervous breakdown. The Hollywood stars announced in October that they were taking a break after 11 years of marriage to work on their personal problems.
Arquette subsequently went public with his troubles on the radio airwaves, telling his pal Howard Stern the former Friends star had tired of his immaturity. He also confirmed rumors he had slept with aspiring actress Jasmine Waltz after the separation, and confessed live on air he hadn't been intimate with Cox in "like four months".
The Scream actor opened up about his emotions on air again on Wednesday, December 15, admitting the love split has left him a wreck. When asked by Stern if he's "having a nervous breakdown", he replied, "I believe so." Arquette also revealed he's turned to a psychiatrist to discuss his issues in weekly sessions, adding, "Everybody is worried and concerned about me."
And he's been drowning his sorrows with alcohol, confessing he made a fool out of himself at Adam Sandler's recent holiday party. He said, "I was a little wasted. Someone says 'Hi David!', and I said, 'Hi Sean! Then I realized it was Tom Cruise. And his beautiful wife (Katie Holmes) was there. Tom was cool about it... I was so embarrassed. I was like 'I gotta get the f**k out of here'."
But the cringe-worthy incident has made Arquette vow to turn his life around and stop drinking so he can win back the mother of his little girl, Coco: "I've been drinking a lot because I'm heartbroken. It's really a personal, traumatic thing. When I drink, I become a maniac. When you wake up and reality hits you, it's hard. (Cox) didn't want to be my mother. But I kind of need a mother... I want love in my life. I need love in my life."
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed