Jessie J Is Brit Awards Critics' Choice
Young British singer Jessie J has been tipped for success in 2011 after winning the Brit Awards Critics' Choice prize. The 22-year-old pop star follows in the footsteps of Adele, Florence and the Machine and last year's winner Ellie Goulding by taking the coveted trophy, which is voted for by 100 newspaper, magazine and website editors and TV and radio producers.
Jessie J will receive the honor at the Brit Awards ceremony in London in February next year. The singer responded to the honor with much joy, writing on her Twitter, "I WON!!! Omg omg omg omg omg."
In the process, the Essex-born singer beat James Blake and The Vaccines to the award, with the other nominees coming second and third respectively.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order