Jessie J Is Brit Awards Critics' Choice
Young British singer Jessie J has been tipped for success in 2011 after winning the Brit Awards Critics' Choice prize. The 22-year-old pop star follows in the footsteps of Adele, Florence and the Machine and last year's winner Ellie Goulding by taking the coveted trophy, which is voted for by 100 newspaper, magazine and website editors and TV and radio producers.
Jessie J will receive the honor at the Brit Awards ceremony in London in February next year. The singer responded to the honor with much joy, writing on her Twitter, "I WON!!! Omg omg omg omg omg."
In the process, the Essex-born singer beat James Blake and The Vaccines to the award, with the other nominees coming second and third respectively.
More Jessie J News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen