Jessie J Is Brit Awards Critics' Choice
Young British singer Jessie J has been tipped for success in 2011 after winning the Brit Awards Critics' Choice prize. The 22-year-old pop star follows in the footsteps of Adele, Florence and the Machine and last year's winner Ellie Goulding by taking the coveted trophy, which is voted for by 100 newspaper, magazine and website editors and TV and radio producers.
Jessie J will receive the honor at the Brit Awards ceremony in London in February next year. The singer responded to the honor with much joy, writing on her Twitter, "I WON!!! Omg omg omg omg omg."
In the process, the Essex-born singer beat James Blake and The Vaccines to the award, with the other nominees coming second and third respectively.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts