Jessie J Is Brit Awards Critics' Choice
Young British singer Jessie J has been tipped for success in 2011 after winning the Brit Awards Critics' Choice prize. The 22-year-old pop star follows in the footsteps of Adele, Florence and the Machine and last year's winner Ellie Goulding by taking the coveted trophy, which is voted for by 100 newspaper, magazine and website editors and TV and radio producers.
Jessie J will receive the honor at the Brit Awards ceremony in London in February next year. The singer responded to the honor with much joy, writing on her Twitter, "I WON!!! Omg omg omg omg omg."
In the process, the Essex-born singer beat James Blake and The Vaccines to the award, with the other nominees coming second and third respectively.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding