Jane Lynch to Lindsay Lohan: Don't Take 'Glee' Joke Personally
"Glee" star Jane Lynch is urging Lindsay Lohan not to "take things so personally" after her addiction troubles were mocked in an episode of the hit show. The "Mean Girls" star is currently serving a three-month, court-ordered stint in California's Betty Ford clinic after failing two drug tests and breaching her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest.
Lohan's issues were mentioned in a recent episode of the musical series featuring Gwyneth Paltrow, whose character called the actress "totally crazy" in Spanish and referred to her numerous stints in rehab. The actress is said to have been upset by the remarks, but Lynch, who has previously battled her own addictions, insists Lohan should not let light-hearted jokes get her down.
She tells Access Hollywood, "I just wish her the best at Betty Ford. I've been sober many, many, many, many years and it's the way to go, so I wish her the best... Don't take things so personally. I sympathize with that because I know what it was like when I got sober - you're just very, very raw and you're very insecure and you know, I just wish the best for her in her recovery."
In related news, Lindsay Lohan has settled a lawsuit with a photographer who accused her of failing to pay for a series of promotional pictures he took for her fashion line. Snapper Scott Nathan filed suit back in April, alleging he was hired to photograph the actress for her clothing label 6126 in return for a one per cent interest in the business, but never received his payment. He also alleged bosses at Lohan's Universal Music Group breached copyright by using one of his pictures on the cover of Lohan's single Bossy.
The "Mean Girls" star, who is currently serving a three-month stint in rehab, skipped the court showdown with Nathan in Los Angeles to continue her treatment at the Betty Ford clinic, but her lawyers and business partners were able to reach a settlement on her behalf. Kristy Kaylor, Lohan's 6126 business partner, tells E! News "It was an amicable settlement." The terms of the agreement were kept private.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism