Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper and Tom Waits Lining Up for Rock Hall of Fame
Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper and Tom Waits are among the next inductees to join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The 2011 class for the prestigious club was announced on Tuesday, December 14, with Darlene Love and iconic piano player Dr. John also gaining successful nominations.
And despite his stellar career, Diamond insists he was in no rush to enter the Hall, telling the Associated Press, "I thought about it occasionally, but I kind of figured they'd get around to me at some point." Love adds, "Finally it's done. It still hasn't hit me yet. I still have that nervous stomach, and I'm still excited."
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum induction ceremony is slated to take place on March 14, 2011 in New York.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance