Annie Lennox Missed Her Cue on Live TV
Annie Lennox was left red-faced after she missed her cue to perform on a U.S. talk show on Tuesday, December 14, just minutes after she insisted she no longer suffered nerves about messing up on stage.
The Scottish singer was a guest on "Live with Regis and Kelly" on Tuesday morning to promote her new Christmas album and sing her rendition of festive favorite "The Holly and the Ivy" for the studio audience.
In an interview with the hosts, Lennox admitted she had overcome her nerves about performing years ago. She said, "I used to get really badly nervous, but I've been through so many things now. There's no point. I think there comes a time when you're a performer you have to get over your stage fright... Why be nervous?"
But Lennox appeared to speak too soon - she immediately missed her cue to start singing and had to be tapped on the back by her guitarist. After failing to catch up, she decided to scrap the set and start again.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics