Annie Lennox Missed Her Cue on Live TV
Annie Lennox was left red-faced after she missed her cue to perform on a U.S. talk show on Tuesday, December 14, just minutes after she insisted she no longer suffered nerves about messing up on stage.
The Scottish singer was a guest on "Live with Regis and Kelly" on Tuesday morning to promote her new Christmas album and sing her rendition of festive favorite "The Holly and the Ivy" for the studio audience.
In an interview with the hosts, Lennox admitted she had overcome her nerves about performing years ago. She said, "I used to get really badly nervous, but I've been through so many things now. There's no point. I think there comes a time when you're a performer you have to get over your stage fright... Why be nervous?"
But Lennox appeared to speak too soon - she immediately missed her cue to start singing and had to be tapped on the back by her guitarist. After failing to catch up, she decided to scrap the set and start again.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce