Annie Lennox Missed Her Cue on Live TV
Annie Lennox was left red-faced after she missed her cue to perform on a U.S. talk show on Tuesday, December 14, just minutes after she insisted she no longer suffered nerves about messing up on stage.
The Scottish singer was a guest on "Live with Regis and Kelly" on Tuesday morning to promote her new Christmas album and sing her rendition of festive favorite "The Holly and the Ivy" for the studio audience.
In an interview with the hosts, Lennox admitted she had overcome her nerves about performing years ago. She said, "I used to get really badly nervous, but I've been through so many things now. There's no point. I think there comes a time when you're a performer you have to get over your stage fright... Why be nervous?"
But Lennox appeared to speak too soon - she immediately missed her cue to start singing and had to be tapped on the back by her guitarist. After failing to catch up, she decided to scrap the set and start again.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance