Annie Lennox Missed Her Cue on Live TV
Annie Lennox was left red-faced after she missed her cue to perform on a U.S. talk show on Tuesday, December 14, just minutes after she insisted she no longer suffered nerves about messing up on stage.
The Scottish singer was a guest on "Live with Regis and Kelly" on Tuesday morning to promote her new Christmas album and sing her rendition of festive favorite "The Holly and the Ivy" for the studio audience.
In an interview with the hosts, Lennox admitted she had overcome her nerves about performing years ago. She said, "I used to get really badly nervous, but I've been through so many things now. There's no point. I think there comes a time when you're a performer you have to get over your stage fright... Why be nervous?"
But Lennox appeared to speak too soon - she immediately missed her cue to start singing and had to be tapped on the back by her guitarist. After failing to catch up, she decided to scrap the set and start again.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters