Emma Stone Reacts to First Golden Globe Nomination
Emma Stone fears she will "freak out" at next year's Golden Globe Awards when she comes face-to-face with her idols and fellow nominees Angelina Jolie, Annette Bening and Julianne Moore.
The young star was stunned to learn she had landed a Best Actress (Musical or Comedy) nod for her role in "Easy A" on Tuesday, December 14, placing her in the same category as a team of established A-list stars. But Stone is struggling to come to terms with the news and admits she is more than likely to be so starstruck when she bumps into her competitors at the event, she'll end up acting like a freak.
She tells People.com, "Let's just be honest, that's pretty surreal. I don't know what I'm going to do when I see (Jolie) in person. I'm going to freak out when I see anybody in person. It's insane! I'm still coming to realization that I got nominated. I'm in the state of 'Oh, my God!' My mum and dad called and they were on speakerphone and said, 'We're proud of you,' and that was the best. I teared up."
More Emma Stone News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed