Emma Stone Reacts to First Golden Globe Nomination
Emma Stone fears she will "freak out" at next year's Golden Globe Awards when she comes face-to-face with her idols and fellow nominees Angelina Jolie, Annette Bening and Julianne Moore.
The young star was stunned to learn she had landed a Best Actress (Musical or Comedy) nod for her role in "Easy A" on Tuesday, December 14, placing her in the same category as a team of established A-list stars. But Stone is struggling to come to terms with the news and admits she is more than likely to be so starstruck when she bumps into her competitors at the event, she'll end up acting like a freak.
She tells People.com, "Let's just be honest, that's pretty surreal. I don't know what I'm going to do when I see (Jolie) in person. I'm going to freak out when I see anybody in person. It's insane! I'm still coming to realization that I got nominated. I'm in the state of 'Oh, my God!' My mum and dad called and they were on speakerphone and said, 'We're proud of you,' and that was the best. I teared up."
More Emma Stone News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie