Emma Stone Reacts to First Golden Globe Nomination
Emma Stone fears she will "freak out" at next year's Golden Globe Awards when she comes face-to-face with her idols and fellow nominees Angelina Jolie, Annette Bening and Julianne Moore.
The young star was stunned to learn she had landed a Best Actress (Musical or Comedy) nod for her role in "Easy A" on Tuesday, December 14, placing her in the same category as a team of established A-list stars. But Stone is struggling to come to terms with the news and admits she is more than likely to be so starstruck when she bumps into her competitors at the event, she'll end up acting like a freak.
She tells People.com, "Let's just be honest, that's pretty surreal. I don't know what I'm going to do when I see (Jolie) in person. I'm going to freak out when I see anybody in person. It's insane! I'm still coming to realization that I got nominated. I'm in the state of 'Oh, my God!' My mum and dad called and they were on speakerphone and said, 'We're proud of you,' and that was the best. I teared up."
More Emma Stone News
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'