Emma Stone Reacts to First Golden Globe Nomination
Emma Stone fears she will "freak out" at next year's Golden Globe Awards when she comes face-to-face with her idols and fellow nominees Angelina Jolie, Annette Bening and Julianne Moore.
The young star was stunned to learn she had landed a Best Actress (Musical or Comedy) nod for her role in "Easy A" on Tuesday, December 14, placing her in the same category as a team of established A-list stars. But Stone is struggling to come to terms with the news and admits she is more than likely to be so starstruck when she bumps into her competitors at the event, she'll end up acting like a freak.
She tells People.com, "Let's just be honest, that's pretty surreal. I don't know what I'm going to do when I see (Jolie) in person. I'm going to freak out when I see anybody in person. It's insane! I'm still coming to realization that I got nominated. I'm in the state of 'Oh, my God!' My mum and dad called and they were on speakerphone and said, 'We're proud of you,' and that was the best. I teared up."
More Emma Stone News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child