Paul McCartney to Have Show at Troubled London's 100 Club
Sir Paul McCartney will help to raise the profile of London's 100 Club by playing an intimate gig at the famed venue on Friday, December 17. The Beatles legend regularly sells out shows in arenas and stadiums, but he has chosen to treat fans in the British capital to a small lunchtime set later this week.
And McCartney admits he is excited about the prospect of getting closer to his devotees. He says, "I've played all sorts of different venues over the years and this kind of show presents a different kind of challenge to performing in a stadium."
"I love performing and I love connecting with audiences, be it in a stadium or arena or in a club. I'm looking forward to being able to interact with fans on a face to face basis, not to mention the smell of sweat and beer!"
The 100 Club is facing closure at the end of the year due to a lack of funds. Stars including Rolling Stone's Ronnie Wood and rocker Mick Taylor have lent their support to a campaign to save the concert venue and they performed as part of a benefit show earlier this month to raise cash for the cause, although its future remains uncertain.
More Paul McCartney News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday