Michael Jackson's Photos Sold for $265,000
A collection of Michael Jackson photographs have sold for more than $265,000 at auction in Paris, France. The snaps were taken in 1999 by French photographer Arno Bani as the pop superstar attempted to revamp his image ahead of the release of his 2001 album "Invincible".
A number of the Bani shots had been intended as the record's artwork, but other pictures were chosen instead. The photographs were sold off in 90 lots on Monday, December 13 and the collection raised more than $265,000.
The top-selling item was a picture of the singer in a Pharaoh-style pose - bare-chested and wearing a golden cape - which fetched a massive $34,880.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'