Michael Jackson's Photos Sold for $265,000
A collection of Michael Jackson photographs have sold for more than $265,000 at auction in Paris, France. The snaps were taken in 1999 by French photographer Arno Bani as the pop superstar attempted to revamp his image ahead of the release of his 2001 album "Invincible".
A number of the Bani shots had been intended as the record's artwork, but other pictures were chosen instead. The photographs were sold off in 90 lots on Monday, December 13 and the collection raised more than $265,000.
The top-selling item was a picture of the singer in a Pharaoh-style pose - bare-chested and wearing a golden cape - which fetched a massive $34,880.
More Michael Jackson News
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper