Michael Jackson's Photos Sold for $265,000
A collection of Michael Jackson photographs have sold for more than $265,000 at auction in Paris, France. The snaps were taken in 1999 by French photographer Arno Bani as the pop superstar attempted to revamp his image ahead of the release of his 2001 album "Invincible".
A number of the Bani shots had been intended as the record's artwork, but other pictures were chosen instead. The photographs were sold off in 90 lots on Monday, December 13 and the collection raised more than $265,000.
The top-selling item was a picture of the singer in a Pharaoh-style pose - bare-chested and wearing a golden cape - which fetched a massive $34,880.
More Michael Jackson News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz