Michael Jackson's Photos Sold for $265,000
A collection of Michael Jackson photographs have sold for more than $265,000 at auction in Paris, France. The snaps were taken in 1999 by French photographer Arno Bani as the pop superstar attempted to revamp his image ahead of the release of his 2001 album "Invincible".
A number of the Bani shots had been intended as the record's artwork, but other pictures were chosen instead. The photographs were sold off in 90 lots on Monday, December 13 and the collection raised more than $265,000.
The top-selling item was a picture of the singer in a Pharaoh-style pose - bare-chested and wearing a golden cape - which fetched a massive $34,880.
More Michael Jackson News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?