Yo Gotti Surrenders to Police Following Warrant Issue
Rapper Yo Gotti has surrendered to police in Memphis, Tennessee after officials issued a warrant for his arrest in relation to a shooting in the city last month. The hip-hop star, real name Mario Mims, is said to have been involved in a verbal altercation with a pal, OG Boo Dirty, on November 29 when a third man became involved.
A fight is alleged to have broken out, resulting in a shooting which ended with up to six people being injured. Memphis police announced they were keen to talk to Mims, who was away from the city for business reasons, and on Monday, December 12 the star returned to speak to cops.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just made it to Memphis... turning myself in now!" Ballerstatus.com reports Gotti is to be charged with aggravated riot, a felony charge that can carry a penalty of one to six years behind bars.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4