Jimmy Kimmel Sued Over 'Flying Rabbi' Video
American TV presenter Jimmy Kimmel has been hit with a lawsuit from a man who claims the star used a YouTube video of him on his show without permission. Dovid Sondik alleges the clip, entitled "Flying Rabbi", which shows him ranting in Yiddish, was played on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" in August.
He says he was never asked before TV bosses used the recording and he filed suit in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Monday, December 13. Sondik accuses Kimmel of appropriation of likeness and violating YouTube's service terms, and claims the clip has ruined his reputation.
He tells the New York Post, "It has caused me difficulty and pain. Now they think I'm a joke, a comedian." Sondik is seeking unspecified damages.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective