Hugh Jackman Hurt While Filming Oprah Winfrey's Down Under
Hugh Jackman was treated by paramedics on Tuesday, December 14 after a stunt for Oprah Winfrey's Australian show went wrong.
The media mogul is currently filming 'Down Under' as part of the celebrations for the final season of "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will come to an end in 2011. The TV titan has enlisted the help of her famous friends for the recordings at Sydney Opera House, but production was halted on Tuesday when Jackman was injured.
The "X-Men" star swung on a zip line from the top of the building's famous sails, but he failed to stop in time and went crashing into a light. Paramedics rushed to his aid to treat a nasty cut below his right eye, but the actor refused to let the injury slow him down and took to the stage for his scheduled chat with Winfrey as soon as medical staff had stemmed the bleeding.
He told the talk show host, "That was so much fun until the end. I came down waving to everyone, looking over Sydney Harbour, saw my dad, the kids and you, went to pull the brake and then boing... I'm OK... It doesn't hurt."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say