Michael Jackson's Estate Pursued by Tax Officials
California tax officials are chasing the executors of Michael Jackson's estate for $131,000 in unpaid bills. In March, staff at the state's Franchise Tax Board filed a creditor's claim with the estate administrators for $1,647.
However, tax chiefs filed an amended claim on Friday, December 10, adding $130,000 to the total amount due. The new amount includes interest and penalties which stem from the 2009 tax year, according to the Associated Press.
It is the latest in a long line of claims from individuals and companies who were allegedly left with unsettled bills following Jackson's death last year.
On another news, TMZ reports that a new finding about the singer's death has surfaced. Another doctor beside Dr. Conrad Murray was reportedly present because there was evidence that certain potent drugs were "prescribed and prepared" for MJ to self-medicate.
More Michael Jackson News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower