Michael Jackson's Estate Pursued by Tax Officials
California tax officials are chasing the executors of Michael Jackson's estate for $131,000 in unpaid bills. In March, staff at the state's Franchise Tax Board filed a creditor's claim with the estate administrators for $1,647.
However, tax chiefs filed an amended claim on Friday, December 10, adding $130,000 to the total amount due. The new amount includes interest and penalties which stem from the 2009 tax year, according to the Associated Press.
It is the latest in a long line of claims from individuals and companies who were allegedly left with unsettled bills following Jackson's death last year.
On another news, TMZ reports that a new finding about the singer's death has surfaced. Another doctor beside Dr. Conrad Murray was reportedly present because there was evidence that certain potent drugs were "prescribed and prepared" for MJ to self-medicate.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked