Michael Jackson's Estate Pursued by Tax Officials
California tax officials are chasing the executors of Michael Jackson's estate for $131,000 in unpaid bills. In March, staff at the state's Franchise Tax Board filed a creditor's claim with the estate administrators for $1,647.
However, tax chiefs filed an amended claim on Friday, December 10, adding $130,000 to the total amount due. The new amount includes interest and penalties which stem from the 2009 tax year, according to the Associated Press.
It is the latest in a long line of claims from individuals and companies who were allegedly left with unsettled bills following Jackson's death last year.
On another news, TMZ reports that a new finding about the singer's death has surfaced. Another doctor beside Dr. Conrad Murray was reportedly present because there was evidence that certain potent drugs were "prescribed and prepared" for MJ to self-medicate.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler