Michael Jackson's Estate Pursued by Tax Officials
California tax officials are chasing the executors of Michael Jackson's estate for $131,000 in unpaid bills. In March, staff at the state's Franchise Tax Board filed a creditor's claim with the estate administrators for $1,647.
However, tax chiefs filed an amended claim on Friday, December 10, adding $130,000 to the total amount due. The new amount includes interest and penalties which stem from the 2009 tax year, according to the Associated Press.
It is the latest in a long line of claims from individuals and companies who were allegedly left with unsettled bills following Jackson's death last year.
On another news, TMZ reports that a new finding about the singer's death has surfaced. Another doctor beside Dr. Conrad Murray was reportedly present because there was evidence that certain potent drugs were "prescribed and prepared" for MJ to self-medicate.
More Michael Jackson News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage