David Gilmour's Son Released on Bail
The son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has been released on bail following his arrest on suspicion of violent disorder and attempted criminal damage. Charlie Gilmour hit the headlines after he was caught on camera climbing one of the U.K.'s most important war memorials during a violent student protest against a rise in university tuition fees in London last week.
The clashes with riot police were captured on film by TV news crews and images of the 21 year old swinging from a flag pole on the Cenotaph made the front pages of most British newspapers the following day. He apologized for his "moment of idiocy" but was arrested at his home in Sussex, England on Sunday, December 12 and questioned by police.
He was freed on bail on Monday afternoon, December 13, according to Britain's Sky News. Charlie was adopted by the Pink Floyd legend when the rocker married his mother Polly Samson in 1994.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding