David Gilmour's Son Released on Bail
The son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has been released on bail following his arrest on suspicion of violent disorder and attempted criminal damage. Charlie Gilmour hit the headlines after he was caught on camera climbing one of the U.K.'s most important war memorials during a violent student protest against a rise in university tuition fees in London last week.
The clashes with riot police were captured on film by TV news crews and images of the 21 year old swinging from a flag pole on the Cenotaph made the front pages of most British newspapers the following day. He apologized for his "moment of idiocy" but was arrested at his home in Sussex, England on Sunday, December 12 and questioned by police.
He was freed on bail on Monday afternoon, December 13, according to Britain's Sky News. Charlie was adopted by the Pink Floyd legend when the rocker married his mother Polly Samson in 1994.
More David Gilmour News
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary