Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens' Relationship 'Ran Its Course'
One of Hollywood's hottest young couples, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, have ended their three-year relationship, according to U.S. reports. The actors met in 2005 when they were both cast in Disney's "High School Musical" franchise and they went public with their romance in 2007.
But, according to Eonline.com, Efron, 23, and Hudgens have called it quits. A source tells the website's Marc Malkin, "It's nothing dramatic. There's no third party involved. They were together for so long. It just ran its course." The timing of the split news couldn't be worse for Hudgens - the actress turns 22 on Tuesday, December 14.
Earlier this year, Hudgens opened up about her relationship with Efron, gushing to America's Glamour magazine, "Right off the bat, we had a connection. I think everybody could see it. When we had our audition, they paired us together. And he was adorable. I think that we inspire each other. (I love) having someone to grow with."
Meanwhile, in the September issue of Details magazine, Efron admitted he was contemplating life as a single guy. He said, "Everyone tells me (to play the field). I think a lot of guys would enjoy that. But I'm not really like that."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'