Enrique Morente Passed Away After Slipping Into Coma
Spanish flamenco singer Enrique Morente has died at the age of 67. A spokesperson from Madrid's La Luz Hospital tells the Associated Press Morente died on Monday, December 13. The cause of death was not released.
In a statement, hospital representatives claimed that Morente underwent surgery on December 4 and again two days later following complications. An earlier press release from his family revealed he was was brain dead after slipping into a coma last week.
Morente, one of the country's most noted flamenco singers, was the first artist in the genre to receive the Culture Ministry's National Music Award in 1994. He is survived by his wife, dancer Aurora Carbonell, and their three daughters, including flamenco singer Estrella Morente.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'