Enrique Morente Passed Away After Slipping Into Coma
Spanish flamenco singer Enrique Morente has died at the age of 67. A spokesperson from Madrid's La Luz Hospital tells the Associated Press Morente died on Monday, December 13. The cause of death was not released.
In a statement, hospital representatives claimed that Morente underwent surgery on December 4 and again two days later following complications. An earlier press release from his family revealed he was was brain dead after slipping into a coma last week.
Morente, one of the country's most noted flamenco singers, was the first artist in the genre to receive the Culture Ministry's National Music Award in 1994. He is survived by his wife, dancer Aurora Carbonell, and their three daughters, including flamenco singer Estrella Morente.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers