Enrique Morente Passed Away After Slipping Into Coma
Spanish flamenco singer Enrique Morente has died at the age of 67. A spokesperson from Madrid's La Luz Hospital tells the Associated Press Morente died on Monday, December 13. The cause of death was not released.
In a statement, hospital representatives claimed that Morente underwent surgery on December 4 and again two days later following complications. An earlier press release from his family revealed he was was brain dead after slipping into a coma last week.
Morente, one of the country's most noted flamenco singers, was the first artist in the genre to receive the Culture Ministry's National Music Award in 1994. He is survived by his wife, dancer Aurora Carbonell, and their three daughters, including flamenco singer Estrella Morente.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart