Enrique Morente Passed Away After Slipping Into Coma
Spanish flamenco singer Enrique Morente has died at the age of 67. A spokesperson from Madrid's La Luz Hospital tells the Associated Press Morente died on Monday, December 13. The cause of death was not released.
In a statement, hospital representatives claimed that Morente underwent surgery on December 4 and again two days later following complications. An earlier press release from his family revealed he was was brain dead after slipping into a coma last week.
Morente, one of the country's most noted flamenco singers, was the first artist in the genre to receive the Culture Ministry's National Music Award in 1994. He is survived by his wife, dancer Aurora Carbonell, and their three daughters, including flamenco singer Estrella Morente.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal