Brandon Mychal Smith Backs Out of 'Skating with the Stars' Due to Illness
Actor/rapper Brandon Mychal Smith has been forced to hang up his ice skates and quit U.S. reality show "Skating with the Stars" after falling ill with a mystery ailment. The "Sonny with a Chance" star initially pulled out of the TV competition last week after he was hospitalized with breathing difficulties.
It later emerged he had also been vomiting during rehearsals and a representative for the show attributed the sickness to food poisoning. But the 21 year old found himself back in hospital after the incident and has undergone tests to determine the cause of his illness. Sources close to Smith tell TMZ.com the actor has been left so weak by the ailment, he's barely able to stand.
Brandon Mychal Smith was supposed to continue competing on the "Dancing with the Stars" spin-off program alongside rocker Vince Neil and actress Rebecca Budig.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation