No Heather Morris for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
Screenwriter Whit Anderson has dismissed reports "Glee" star Heather Morris will take over from Sarah Michelle Gellar as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in a new reboot. The longrunning TV series, which began as a 1992 film starring Kristy Swanson, is being re-imagined for a big screen outing, with a new actress playing the cheerleader-turned-vampire hunter.
Morris, who portrays ditsy cheerleader Brittany in "Glee", was rumored to be in the frame for the title role - but Anderson has shot down the rumours, insisting work on the film has not even begun yet. She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We're not even thinking about casting yet. The script isn't even written!"
Anderson was brought on board after Joss Whedon was approached and declined the offer to develop the movie version. The director said that he would rather concentrate on other projects such as his "The Avengers".
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video