No Heather Morris for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
Screenwriter Whit Anderson has dismissed reports "Glee" star Heather Morris will take over from Sarah Michelle Gellar as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in a new reboot. The longrunning TV series, which began as a 1992 film starring Kristy Swanson, is being re-imagined for a big screen outing, with a new actress playing the cheerleader-turned-vampire hunter.
Morris, who portrays ditsy cheerleader Brittany in "Glee", was rumored to be in the frame for the title role - but Anderson has shot down the rumours, insisting work on the film has not even begun yet. She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We're not even thinking about casting yet. The script isn't even written!"
Anderson was brought on board after Joss Whedon was approached and declined the offer to develop the movie version. The director said that he would rather concentrate on other projects such as his "The Avengers".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics