No Heather Morris for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
Screenwriter Whit Anderson has dismissed reports "Glee" star Heather Morris will take over from Sarah Michelle Gellar as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in a new reboot. The longrunning TV series, which began as a 1992 film starring Kristy Swanson, is being re-imagined for a big screen outing, with a new actress playing the cheerleader-turned-vampire hunter.
Morris, who portrays ditsy cheerleader Brittany in "Glee", was rumored to be in the frame for the title role - but Anderson has shot down the rumours, insisting work on the film has not even begun yet. She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We're not even thinking about casting yet. The script isn't even written!"
Anderson was brought on board after Joss Whedon was approached and declined the offer to develop the movie version. The director said that he would rather concentrate on other projects such as his "The Avengers".
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair