No Heather Morris for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
Screenwriter Whit Anderson has dismissed reports "Glee" star Heather Morris will take over from Sarah Michelle Gellar as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in a new reboot. The longrunning TV series, which began as a 1992 film starring Kristy Swanson, is being re-imagined for a big screen outing, with a new actress playing the cheerleader-turned-vampire hunter.
Morris, who portrays ditsy cheerleader Brittany in "Glee", was rumored to be in the frame for the title role - but Anderson has shot down the rumours, insisting work on the film has not even begun yet. She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We're not even thinking about casting yet. The script isn't even written!"
Anderson was brought on board after Joss Whedon was approached and declined the offer to develop the movie version. The director said that he would rather concentrate on other projects such as his "The Avengers".
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago