No Heather Morris for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
Screenwriter Whit Anderson has dismissed reports "Glee" star Heather Morris will take over from Sarah Michelle Gellar as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in a new reboot. The longrunning TV series, which began as a 1992 film starring Kristy Swanson, is being re-imagined for a big screen outing, with a new actress playing the cheerleader-turned-vampire hunter.
Morris, who portrays ditsy cheerleader Brittany in "Glee", was rumored to be in the frame for the title role - but Anderson has shot down the rumours, insisting work on the film has not even begun yet. She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We're not even thinking about casting yet. The script isn't even written!"
Anderson was brought on board after Joss Whedon was approached and declined the offer to develop the movie version. The director said that he would rather concentrate on other projects such as his "The Avengers".
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise