Eva Mendes Inspired by Angelina Jolie to Direct
Eva Mendes was inspired to make her directorial debut after seeing Angelina Jolie take charge of the camera for an upcoming feature film. Mendes put forward a movie called "California Romanza", which stars Christina Ricci, as part of the annual Glamour Reel Moments event in Los Angeles earlier this year.
She admits Jolie, who is currently working on a Bosnian war movie, inspired her - and she also credits Kathryn Bigelow's award-winning work on "The Hurt Locker" with making her want to direct a film.
Mendes tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I loved the whole experience. I believe we need more women behind the camera. This year, with Kathryn Bigelow winning an Oscar and Angelina Jolie directing a film, it's a great time for women to step behind the camera."
"I certainly felt very empowered by it when I made my film. It's about time we heard more women's voices and points of view in cinema because it's a male-dominated industry. It's starting to equal out a bit, though, which is exciting."
More Eva Mendes News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'