Elizabeth Hurley's New Man Shane Warne Confirms Separation From Wife
Cricket legend Shane Warne has revealed his marriage is over following reports he is dating British actress/model Elizabeth Hurley. The Aussie spin bowler was pictured kissing and cuddling the "Austin Powers" star in a report by Britain's News of the World newspaper on Sunday, December 12, prompting her to reveal she split from her businessman husband Arun Nayar "a few months ago".
Warne refused to comment as he arrived back at his home in Melbourne in the wake of the scandal - but on Monday, December 13 he issued a statement confirming he is no longer with his wife Simone Callahan, the mother of his three children.
In a message posted on his website, Warne writes, "Sadly and unfortunately, Simone and I split up a while ago, our close friends and family were informed at that time. It is a private matter so we did not make it public. We remain friends and will continue to be good parents." He later added on Twitter.com: "Hope that clears things up for everyone who is interested."
The couple broke up in 2005 following revelations about the Aussie cricketer's string of affairs, but had since been trying to mend its marriage, according to Britain's The Sun.
Elizabeth Hurley herself has thanked fans for their support in the wake of her split from her husband Arun Nayar. Hurley was flooded with messages of support on her Twitter.com blog following her statement, and has since taken to the social networking website to show her appreciation. She writes, "Thank you for all your very, very nice messages x."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says