Elizabeth Hurley's New Man Shane Warne Confirms Separation From Wife
Cricket legend Shane Warne has revealed his marriage is over following reports he is dating British actress/model Elizabeth Hurley. The Aussie spin bowler was pictured kissing and cuddling the "Austin Powers" star in a report by Britain's News of the World newspaper on Sunday, December 12, prompting her to reveal she split from her businessman husband Arun Nayar "a few months ago".
Warne refused to comment as he arrived back at his home in Melbourne in the wake of the scandal - but on Monday, December 13 he issued a statement confirming he is no longer with his wife Simone Callahan, the mother of his three children.
In a message posted on his website, Warne writes, "Sadly and unfortunately, Simone and I split up a while ago, our close friends and family were informed at that time. It is a private matter so we did not make it public. We remain friends and will continue to be good parents." He later added on Twitter.com: "Hope that clears things up for everyone who is interested."
The couple broke up in 2005 following revelations about the Aussie cricketer's string of affairs, but had since been trying to mend its marriage, according to Britain's The Sun.
Elizabeth Hurley herself has thanked fans for their support in the wake of her split from her husband Arun Nayar. Hurley was flooded with messages of support on her Twitter.com blog following her statement, and has since taken to the social networking website to show her appreciation. She writes, "Thank you for all your very, very nice messages x."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake