Sam Worthington and Mia Wasikowska Win at AFI Awards
Sam Worthington and "Alice in Wonderland" 's Mia Wasikowska both went home with prizes at the Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards on Saturday, December 11. Worthington won the International Award for Best Actor at the event in his homeland for his turn in Avatar while newcomer Wasikowska walked away with the female equivalent.
The night's biggest winner was gritty crime thriller "Animal Kingdom", which took home trophies for Best Film, Best Direction (David Michod), Best Lead Actor (Ben Mendelsohn) and Best Lead Actress (Jacki Weaver). The ceremony was hosted by actor Shane Jacobson at Melbourne's Regent Theatre.
For the nominees under each category and the winners, head on to the official site.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip