Sam Worthington and Mia Wasikowska Win at AFI Awards
Sam Worthington and "Alice in Wonderland" 's Mia Wasikowska both went home with prizes at the Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards on Saturday, December 11. Worthington won the International Award for Best Actor at the event in his homeland for his turn in Avatar while newcomer Wasikowska walked away with the female equivalent.
The night's biggest winner was gritty crime thriller "Animal Kingdom", which took home trophies for Best Film, Best Direction (David Michod), Best Lead Actor (Ben Mendelsohn) and Best Lead Actress (Jacki Weaver). The ceremony was hosted by actor Shane Jacobson at Melbourne's Regent Theatre.
For the nominees under each category and the winners, head on to the official site.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal