Sam Worthington and Mia Wasikowska Win at AFI Awards
Sam Worthington and "Alice in Wonderland" 's Mia Wasikowska both went home with prizes at the Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards on Saturday, December 11. Worthington won the International Award for Best Actor at the event in his homeland for his turn in Avatar while newcomer Wasikowska walked away with the female equivalent.
The night's biggest winner was gritty crime thriller "Animal Kingdom", which took home trophies for Best Film, Best Direction (David Michod), Best Lead Actor (Ben Mendelsohn) and Best Lead Actress (Jacki Weaver). The ceremony was hosted by actor Shane Jacobson at Melbourne's Regent Theatre.
For the nominees under each category and the winners, head on to the official site.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says