Sam Worthington and Mia Wasikowska Win at AFI Awards
Sam Worthington and "Alice in Wonderland" 's Mia Wasikowska both went home with prizes at the Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards on Saturday, December 11. Worthington won the International Award for Best Actor at the event in his homeland for his turn in Avatar while newcomer Wasikowska walked away with the female equivalent.
The night's biggest winner was gritty crime thriller "Animal Kingdom", which took home trophies for Best Film, Best Direction (David Michod), Best Lead Actor (Ben Mendelsohn) and Best Lead Actress (Jacki Weaver). The ceremony was hosted by actor Shane Jacobson at Melbourne's Regent Theatre.
For the nominees under each category and the winners, head on to the official site.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7