Hailee Steinfeld Gets $100,000 Over 'True Grit' Co-Stars' Swears
Teenager Hailee Steinfeld's "True Grit" co-stars helped add to her salary for the film - thanks to their foul language. In a bid to keep their cursing to a minimum around the youngster, who was 12 when they shot the film, Josh Brolin, Matt Damon and Barry Pepper came up with a swear box idea - and quickly filled it with fines.
Brolin explains, "We had a great time but the cursing between me and Matt and Barry was bad. Hailie got $5 (GBP3.3) for the F word. She made about $100,000 (GBP66,670)."
In Ethan Coen and Joel Coen-directed "True Grit", newcomer Hailee Steinfeld is cast as Mattie Ross who sets out on a mission to find her father's killer with a trigger-happy, drunken U.S. Marshal, Rooster Cogburn, and a Texas Ranger named LeBoeuf. The PG-13 drama will open wide in the U.S. on December 22, just in time for Christmas.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'