Hailee Steinfeld Gets $100,000 Over 'True Grit' Co-Stars' Swears
Teenager Hailee Steinfeld's "True Grit" co-stars helped add to her salary for the film - thanks to their foul language. In a bid to keep their cursing to a minimum around the youngster, who was 12 when they shot the film, Josh Brolin, Matt Damon and Barry Pepper came up with a swear box idea - and quickly filled it with fines.
Brolin explains, "We had a great time but the cursing between me and Matt and Barry was bad. Hailie got $5 (GBP3.3) for the F word. She made about $100,000 (GBP66,670)."
In Ethan Coen and Joel Coen-directed "True Grit", newcomer Hailee Steinfeld is cast as Mattie Ross who sets out on a mission to find her father's killer with a trigger-happy, drunken U.S. Marshal, Rooster Cogburn, and a Texas Ranger named LeBoeuf. The PG-13 drama will open wide in the U.S. on December 22, just in time for Christmas.
More Hailee Steinfeld News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour