Hailee Steinfeld Gets $100,000 Over 'True Grit' Co-Stars' Swears
Teenager Hailee Steinfeld's "True Grit" co-stars helped add to her salary for the film - thanks to their foul language. In a bid to keep their cursing to a minimum around the youngster, who was 12 when they shot the film, Josh Brolin, Matt Damon and Barry Pepper came up with a swear box idea - and quickly filled it with fines.
Brolin explains, "We had a great time but the cursing between me and Matt and Barry was bad. Hailie got $5 (GBP3.3) for the F word. She made about $100,000 (GBP66,670)."
In Ethan Coen and Joel Coen-directed "True Grit", newcomer Hailee Steinfeld is cast as Mattie Ross who sets out on a mission to find her father's killer with a trigger-happy, drunken U.S. Marshal, Rooster Cogburn, and a Texas Ranger named LeBoeuf. The PG-13 drama will open wide in the U.S. on December 22, just in time for Christmas.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'