Robert Pattinson Hides His Rap Tapes
Robert Pattinson is hiding an embarrassing past - he previously pursued a rap career, forming a band and recording hundreds of demos. The "Twilight" star admits he didn't always dream of becoming an actor and his goal at the age of 13 was to become a hip-hop artist.
Pattinson and his friends became a "crew" and called themselves Big Tub and the Tappy Cats and he hoped to follow in the footsteps of his hero, Eminem. He tells Britain's Top Of The Pops magazine, "I've got a whole collection of tapes of me rapping from when I was 13! I wanted to be a rapper so there are hundreds and hundreds of tapes. They're very amusing!"
"I was obsessed with Eminem when I was younger. When he first came out I was about 12 and fanatical about his Slim Shady CD. I think he's a genius. I'd love to rap with Eminem! That would be really amazing."
But the British actor concedes he would never make it as a rap star, adding, "Most of my rhymes were stolen off other people anyway. They were all like, 'I was raised on these streets', which was a complete farce because I was actually raised in quite a nice area of London called Barnes. Not very ghetto at all!"
More Robert Pattinson News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host