Robert Pattinson Hides His Rap Tapes
Robert Pattinson is hiding an embarrassing past - he previously pursued a rap career, forming a band and recording hundreds of demos. The "Twilight" star admits he didn't always dream of becoming an actor and his goal at the age of 13 was to become a hip-hop artist.
Pattinson and his friends became a "crew" and called themselves Big Tub and the Tappy Cats and he hoped to follow in the footsteps of his hero, Eminem. He tells Britain's Top Of The Pops magazine, "I've got a whole collection of tapes of me rapping from when I was 13! I wanted to be a rapper so there are hundreds and hundreds of tapes. They're very amusing!"
"I was obsessed with Eminem when I was younger. When he first came out I was about 12 and fanatical about his Slim Shady CD. I think he's a genius. I'd love to rap with Eminem! That would be really amazing."
But the British actor concedes he would never make it as a rap star, adding, "Most of my rhymes were stolen off other people anyway. They were all like, 'I was raised on these streets', which was a complete farce because I was actually raised in quite a nice area of London called Barnes. Not very ghetto at all!"
More Robert Pattinson News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift