Robert Pattinson Hides His Rap Tapes
Robert Pattinson is hiding an embarrassing past - he previously pursued a rap career, forming a band and recording hundreds of demos. The "Twilight" star admits he didn't always dream of becoming an actor and his goal at the age of 13 was to become a hip-hop artist.
Pattinson and his friends became a "crew" and called themselves Big Tub and the Tappy Cats and he hoped to follow in the footsteps of his hero, Eminem. He tells Britain's Top Of The Pops magazine, "I've got a whole collection of tapes of me rapping from when I was 13! I wanted to be a rapper so there are hundreds and hundreds of tapes. They're very amusing!"
"I was obsessed with Eminem when I was younger. When he first came out I was about 12 and fanatical about his Slim Shady CD. I think he's a genius. I'd love to rap with Eminem! That would be really amazing."
But the British actor concedes he would never make it as a rap star, adding, "Most of my rhymes were stolen off other people anyway. They were all like, 'I was raised on these streets', which was a complete farce because I was actually raised in quite a nice area of London called Barnes. Not very ghetto at all!"
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons