Robert Pattinson Hides His Rap Tapes
Robert Pattinson is hiding an embarrassing past - he previously pursued a rap career, forming a band and recording hundreds of demos. The "Twilight" star admits he didn't always dream of becoming an actor and his goal at the age of 13 was to become a hip-hop artist.
Pattinson and his friends became a "crew" and called themselves Big Tub and the Tappy Cats and he hoped to follow in the footsteps of his hero, Eminem. He tells Britain's Top Of The Pops magazine, "I've got a whole collection of tapes of me rapping from when I was 13! I wanted to be a rapper so there are hundreds and hundreds of tapes. They're very amusing!"
"I was obsessed with Eminem when I was younger. When he first came out I was about 12 and fanatical about his Slim Shady CD. I think he's a genius. I'd love to rap with Eminem! That would be really amazing."
But the British actor concedes he would never make it as a rap star, adding, "Most of my rhymes were stolen off other people anyway. They were all like, 'I was raised on these streets', which was a complete farce because I was actually raised in quite a nice area of London called Barnes. Not very ghetto at all!"
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon